Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Love, lust or something else?

This is essentially a follow-up on this thread that I did a few weeks back. As I said at the time, we met up and decided to make a go of it. Anyway, we've been together for only a short time, but I'm already feeling something about her that I have never felt before. A side of me is excited by developments, but my more pragmatic side's asking whether all this is a bit sudden. I mean, it seems like I only met her yesterday, and already, I'm feeling something.

Am I being stupid? Can you really start falling for someone about three weeks after becoming a couple? Or is this just something else? Anyone got any advice, because I'm completely stumped!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try not to worry about things being too sudden or whatever.

Butterflies and stuff are totally normal, sometimes if you just connect with somebody then things just feel really wicked and you have to try and enjoy it while it's there.

Glad things are going alright.
    I don't think your stupid man, I think you are just falling in love and the passion is overwhelming you... When I fall for SCC we were suppose to be only sort of sex buddies, also not sleeping with other people, but not for say in a relationship and well I was suppose to go meet someone else, but I could have not see SCC anymore, cos I am honest so I told her about it, and tears came to my eyes and I realise I was falling already and that it would made me sad not to see her again... I called of the other meeting off and we started meeting as a proper couple...

You are just falling man, let yourself go and I hope for you it will be the one for you...

There is no recipe for love, just jump in and enjoy...
    I don't think your stupid man, I think you are just falling in love and the passion is overwhelming you... When I fall for SCC we were suppose to be only sort of sex buddies, also not sleeping with other people, but not for say in a relationship and well I was suppose to go meet someone else, but I could have not see SCC anymore, cos I am honest so I told her about it, and tears came to my eyes and I realise I was falling already and that it would made me sad not to see her again... I called of the other meeting off and we started meeting as a proper couple...
    I blushed and shouted "aww!" on hearing that. :blush::)
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I blushed and shouted "aww!" on hearing that. :blush::)

I fall in love with here in less than 2 weeks man and she did in 3 weeks and we have put barrier cos we both came out of some hard breakup with the peple we were married too... Look 8 months later we are still together, more happy than ever trying for kids and all...

Don't get me wrong, sometimes you fall in love quick ad get crushed, but hey that's life and it doesn't happend everytime, you usually feel as well how much people love you... There is big cance that if yu didn't feel the love coming from her you wouldfall that easily...
    If it feels good then dont worry

Start worrying when things feel bad
    I'd known my (now)boyfriend for two years of chatting around college, then two years of emails every couple of months, then two months of intense text msgs and then we finally got together. I fell for him hard and fast within about two weeks of meeting up again. Once I realised he actually was everything I'd built him up to be in my mind and more besides.. :) Now we've been together just over two years and still going strong.

Don't worry - just enjoy it :)
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Am I being stupid? Can you really start falling for someone about three weeks after becoming a couple? Or is this just something else? Anyone got any advice, because I'm completely stumped!

You're not being stupid, though my answer might've been a bit different a month or so ago, since I'm finding myself in the exact same situation (well maybe not exact, but you know what I mean) at the moment.

Just enjoy the ride, no one can tell you where you'll end up but I think everyone would agree you can have a lot of fun and learn a lot about each other on the journey. These are the best times, when you can't define exactly what it is you're feeling... and it just goes to show that you don't need to put a word to the emotions you're experiencing, as long as you can recognise and appreciate them. Affection for/loving/caring about another person and having them feel the same way about you is an absolute gift, whatever name you give it, so treasure it and enjoy every second. I know I am :)
    stargalaxy wrote:
    This is essentially a follow-up on this thread that I did a few weeks back. As I said at the time, we met up and decided to make a go of it. Anyway, we've been together for only a short time, but I'm already feeling something about her that I have never felt before. A side of me is excited by developments, but my more pragmatic side's asking whether all this is a bit sudden. I mean, it seems like I only met her yesterday, and already, I'm feeling something.

I was with my ex for 3 weeks and he told me he loved me, i felt the same too so i told him i loved him too. It was great and really scary at the fact we only been together for a short time. I was with him for 3yrs and we had a gorgeous son. Don't worry about feeling something so early on follow your heart

sauce xx
    Thats really nice sauce. I take it you broke up? Its even nicer someone not regretting their time with their ex. :)
    stargalaxy wrote:

Yes you can fall for someone in a matter of weeks. Remember we are all different. Like me, I've only ever had one serious relationship, I put 100% effort into it, fell for him very quickly... etc now we're spilt up but next time round, I probably won't fall for someone as quick due to my past experiences in comparison to someone else who can split up with people and fall for someone else straight away.

But year... falling for someone in a matter of weeks is pure human nature, we want to feel loved by someone, we want comfort, we want to b cared by someone... visa versa too.

My advise is just allow your feelings to develop. Stop comparing them with everyone else as they more likely to be the same as how anyone else would feel. But then again your feelings are special to you. Be open to your partner about how she feels or else you'll feel stupid. I mean, you'll be thinking... do I like her too much or... am I moving to fast. 9/10 chances she will feel exactly the same or even more.
    So let your feelings flow and learn from this experience and most of all enjoy!
    from what i hear you are very happy with this one so thats all good. theres no laws or rules on how quick you can fall for someone, i say just enjoy it as you go! and well done!
    talia wrote:
    Thats really nice sauce. I take it you broke up? Its even nicer someone not regretting their time with their ex. :)

Yes we broke up about 2yrs ago just before i had my son. I don't regret any time with him as if it wasn't for him i wouldnt have my gorgeous son

Sauce xx
    there's no rules but tread carefully. i'd been with my then boyfriend for a few weeks and i was having all these feelings for him that i'd never had for anyone else and i thought i was in love but it wasn't. :p

i love him now like..most of the time. :grump: