Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hellllllllllllllp!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi I have 3 days to complete my UCAS application, lucky as my circumstances have only just led me to look into this today. Anyway I was doing fine right until the end when I need a referee! I am going to Uni aged twenty-one. I left school in 2001, my employer doesnt know me well enough to do the application(part time, non office based plus not very good relationship) and my ex college tutor has left and pursued a new career(and not sure if she will remember me!) I cannot think of anybody who can be my referee in terms of my career/ambition/academic capability! Do you think my old college could arrange a last minute referernce for me based on my qualifications that i left with?!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ask them and see. but when i applied at the last minute last year, i put something like reference to be sent separately. or something.. i cant remember, but it does say it on the website or phone UCAS and ask because its possible to apply and then send the reference direct to the unis when youve got it.
    oh thanks for that so i can buy myself some time at least for someone to compile one! Thank ya :love:
    well, check out what it says but thats what i did, although mine was a lot later than this.
    Ive managed to sort a referee(my old form tutor from 5 years ago!) and also one of my college teachers is getting in touch with me about it. My uni has agreed that i can send the references direct to them after my ucas application, so i just neeed to nip to the college tommrow and see where they stand on this as they were going to complete the application for me! Then its off to them and fingers crossed!!!!:nervous: