Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Newquay wheeyyy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just booked lil trip to newquay for a week.

So tell all, where are the best places to go?

What should i do/see??
whats there to do in the day time except surfing...i'm not sure i can do it altho i plan on trying at least once lol
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In newquay, it's shops, shops and more shops and that's pretty much it. lol.

However, I do recommend eating at Senor Dicks if you like Mexican. They do a mean chinese Duck and Pancakes haha.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Newquay's good fun but I think a week is a little too long. A long weekend is about right.

Best time to go is RTTS but that's already gone I'm afraid.
    Weekender Offender 
    Holywell bay for the battle boats :D

http://www.holywellbay.co.uk/funpark/index.html
    I havent been to Newquay for years...

Last time I went it was wicked though! Cant recommend much though... dont really remember the names of clubs...
    I think we went to a place called Burtys which pretty good...
    I went when I was 16 and thought it was good. Go to Sailors or talltrees (they are the only ones i can remember, was a long time ago!
    I did a bit of research a while ago on the bar scene in newquay as i was gonna buy one.

In my opinion, its a cool place, but has been seriously tarnished by the stag do reputation it has,
    Newquay could have been a very cool town to own in, but like i say, its been spoilt to the point of people re-thinking whether its worth the journey.
    THere is also an outrageous woman-man ratio meaning if you go there on a boys holiday, the competition for girls is massive.
    Also on the flip side, if you're a girl you'll get hassled all night long.

Its a nice place though, theres some good bars,
    Theres a very cool bar called the Chy (pronounced 'Shy' - means 'home' in cornish, just down near Newquay bay
    check it out

http://www.the-chy.co.uk/

otherwise its your usual, walkabout etc....