Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hair Extensions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey Guys!

I brought some hair extensions, and I go away tonight so want to put them in whilst i'm away, i'll get my stepmum too, but has anyboyd ever put them in themselves, not professionally like, Im unsure about how you have to stagger them etc, i know your not meant to put them in rows incase one falls out then they all do...but im confused lol!
Also can you wash them as normal etc?...Im guessing I have to avoid the pool etc!
Thaanks xx

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hair extensions are a bit more complicated that just sticking them in - I've only ever had them done professionally by someone qualified.

And I think you've been mislead about the "your not meant to put them in rows incase one falls out then they all do" part - that's not the case at all - they're not joined together.... so if one falls out, then one falls out, it doesn't affect the others.

It also depends on how you're attaching them to your hair - whether your braiding them in, or glueing them in. There's lots of techniques.

And, it also depends on why type of hair you bought - whether it's human hair or synthetic. Synthetic hair is ultimately, plastic so you can't use heated appliances on it. However if they're natural hair extensions, then you can do whatever you want to them.