Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Body shave... for blokes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I brought a Philps body shaver thinking I would show off my reasonably toned body now my lower abs looks like its got a 5 ' o clock shadow , does any one have any tips for using one?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you want to shave your body, why not just use some shaving foam and a wet razor? Seems easier to me.
    Surely stubble on your chest is going to be nastier than a bit of hair?

Go for a wax if you want to go hairless.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Surely stubble on your chest is going to be nastier than a bit of hair?

Go for a wax if you want to go hairless.

:yes:

Shaving your chest has always struck me as a wee bit strange, and I can't imagine anything worse than stubble on a man's chest. If I was you [well, if I was a bloke] I would've left it hairy, mate.

But since you've started the ball rolling, I suggest you book yourself in to get it waxed.
    :yes: again with the stubble, and tbh, hairless men are scary, only if your in chemo/health problem or a swimmer is it appropiate.
    Shaving/waxing scares me.....just use hair clippers....grade 1 or 2 or whatever....lil bit of fuzz is much preferable than a forrest. hehe
    Shaving/waxing scares me.....just use hair clippers....grade 1 or 2 or whatever....lil bit of fuzz is much preferable than a forrest. hehe

How much hair have you got that you have to take clippers to it? That's a really scary image.
    Waxing is the way to go :thumb:
    bongbudda wrote:
    How much hair have you got that you have to take clippers to it? That's a really scary image.

Oh, *shudders* I think I saw him at the pool yesterday :p
    I thought somebody had brought a blanket, apperantly it was a person.
    my_name wrote:
    Oh, *shudders* I think I saw him at the pool yesterday :p
    I thought somebody had brought a blanket, apperantly it was a person.

Most men have moved a few steps away from monkey fur, some haven't though and its really nasty.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Most men have moved a few steps away from monkey fur, some haven't though and its really nasty.

:yes: Missed a few steps in the evolutionary process.

Whats truely nasty though, when the blanket wears those tighty tight short swim trunks, in matcing to the fur black.

THough in those cirmstances a trim is good, wax and hair free, still wrong. Women are to be hair free, not men, unless its a man who wants to be a woman, cuz nobodly likes a drag queen with stubble :no:
    my_name wrote:
    :yes: Missed a few steps in the evolutionary process.

Whats truely nasty though, when the blanket wears those tighty tight short swim trunks, in matcing to the fur black.

I can go one better than that, I have seen a man style his chest hair at the gym once, and, once he was done he blew a kiss at himself in the mirror.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I can go one better than that, I have seen a man style his chest hair at the gym once, and, once he was done he blew a kiss at himself in the mirror.

:lol::lol: That wins.
    bongbudda wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Hairy chests on a bloke are nice :)

I know someone who shaves his chest and he is such a twat but that has nothing to do with shaving his chest but it makes me think of that vain prick..haha sorry
    ahhh poopies i wished i had just trimmed it now, its not the chest thats the problem its my abs, does any one like a snail trail?
    Bitty wrote:
    ahhh poopies i wished i had just trimmed it now, its not the chest thats the problem its my abs, does any one like a snail trail?

*puts hand up, in fact both hands and legs*

I love snail trails
    It aint called the treasure path for nothing ;)
    I think it would look horribly retarded if that were to be shaved.
    Rachael wrote:
    Hairy chests on a bloke are nice :)

Not when its all over the back as well.
    "horribly retarded" lol. You so funny...