Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ahhhhh Help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I started a new 18 month phone contract at The Link today, with the new sony ericsson we10i. In the car i unpacked it all, and i charged it when i got home.. but I've just tried to use the software and it won't work with our eMac! They didn't say that it needed Windows to run in the store.

Theres a 14 day returns policy, but I'm worried that they won't accept the phone back because I've been fiddling around with the settings etc.

Can anyone help?! I don't want to be stuck with a phone I can't use for 18 months.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Can't you download some software so that your phone can be used on an eMac? If not, go into the Link and ask them if they have any ideas.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Perhaps you can find unofficial software. I had to do that with my phone (motorola) and linux.
    i checked on sony's site and it said only for windows :(. can't find any unofficial stuff.
    If you reset your phone, it should be alright to take it back. Not too sure though.
    how do i do that? i've deleted all the contacts i created, and put all the settings back to what they were.

also had to pack up all the little gizmos i got with it back into their plastic bags :(

does anyone know a Flext phone that works with a mac?
    if there's a so many day return thing then you should be fine. just tell them the reason you're taking it back and i'm sure they'll be fine (even more so if you're swapping it for another model!).
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    FilthyChav wrote:
    i checked on sony's site and it said only for windows :(. can't find any unofficial stuff.
    http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/en/software_macintosh.shtml

Does this help? Keep in mind that "unofficial" means "possibly unsafe".
    Its ok, I have it sorted. I ended up making several calls to The Link, Sony, Apple, etc, and I've found a way around it.

I can keep the phone :D.
    If you mean w810i rather than we10i then I had a similar problem with my iBook. I just use the data cable and it comes up in finder, then good old drag and drop.

And yeah, I know you got it sorted now. I just thought it might be helpful maybe :\