Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

do we need travel insurance?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
going to europe for a holiday, multiple countries, all in the EU so technically covered by E111, would you recommend getting travel insurance as well?

last few times ive been away i've not bothered, but because i'll be doing a bit of travelling this time im considering getting some.

i know now that its law to have insurance for going on charter flights, but that doesnt apply to us.

just looking for opinions and any recommendations
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    check out who you bank with they may be able to provide you with travel insurance, its always handy if you become ill or suffer an injury as any hospital treatment you recieve will be covered.
    koe_182 wrote:
    going to europe for a holiday, multiple countries, all in the EU so technically covered by E111, would you recommend getting travel insurance as well?

last few times ive been away i've not bothered, but because i'll be doing a bit of travelling this time im considering getting some.

i know now that its law to have insurance for going on charter flights, but that doesnt apply to us.

just looking for opinions and any recommendations

Europe travel insurance is only going to be about a tenner, why not, just in case.
    Yeah Im only going to Kos but im got Travel Insurance anyway. Its not expensive at all, mine was only about 20
    I went to Paris recently and took out insurance. I wouldn't leave the country without it tbh.
    ended up gettign some with flexi-cover for £5.80.

doubt i'll use it like, but you never know!