Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Spray tans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was thinking of getting one before i go on holiday so i dont look so pale when im there so a couple of questions:

1. I'm a bloke, does that make any difference? do you know any guys that get them or would you just laugh at them?

2. How long do they last?

3. I dont want to go too dark but ive heard a light spray tan is pointless because it wears off after a couple of days, would a medium tan be too much (i have very pale skin)

4. Does anyone know if the stuff comes off in the shower/pool/sea? or with suncream?

Comments

• Options
    My sister tried both creams and spray-ons for tans .. and they were no good.
    She looked a bit orange, and it kept wiping off on the towels. My mom was furious.
  • Options
    Interesting..just to point out though i dont mean those spray tan things you put on yourself i mean a professional spray tan done at a salon
  • Options
    i wounldnt recommend it myself but i think what you need is a few sunbed sessions rather than a spray tan pal, spray tans looks good when first done but fade rather quickly and would look a bit blotchy round sweaty or wet areas.
    plus i dont know wether it might actually have some kind of sunblocking effect, not sure at all.

i done however do either myself, just thinking about it.
  • Options
    *bump* Surely someone has had one? how did it turn out? was it worth it?
  • Options
    I usually relish the fact that I'm as pale as I am, but this year I wanted a tan without the hassle of sitting in the sun baking to death. So, I nicked my mum's bottle of Johnson's Holiday Skin and lo and behold, I'm tanned. No streaking, no transfering to towels/sheets, and I can make it as dark as I want, AND my skin feels soo soft.

Definitely recommend it for both guys and girls. :thumb:
  • Options
    I usually relish the fact that I'm as pale as I am, but this year I wanted a tan without the hassle of sitting in the sun baking to death. So, I nicked my mum's bottle of Johnson's Holiday Skin and lo and behold, I'm tanned. No streaking, no transfering to towels/sheets, and I can make it as dark as I want, AND my skin feels soo soft.

Definitely recommend it for both guys and girls. :thumb:

Everyone i've seen that's used it hasn't ended up tanned - but yellow. :p
  • Options
    I hate to tell you this Icey, but getting a spray tan would make you very definitely gay.

using a bit of holiday skin or something less so.
  • Options
    I hate to tell you this Icey, but getting a spray tan would make you very definitely gay.

:yes:
  • Options
    ha ha ok, fair enough
  • Options
    I used to be a fan of the St. Tropez system for when i was going to balls and stuff. I used to find the lay-down hand applied tan was great and gave a good coverage. Then i started going for the spray tans. The first two weren't too bad but the third one has made me very very cautious as it went really odd and wrong and looked shite :grump: Now i just go for pale or on the odd occasion when i remember i use johnsons holiday skin
  • Options
    Loads of males use the sunbeds at our college salon believe it or not. We were amazed. Maybe they'd be better than a spray tan, because at least then it's a natural colour that you would normally go.

Find your local college that offers beauty treatments - I bet they'll be insanely cheap too.
  • Options

using a bit of holiday skin or something less so.

Triple that. Fake tanned and tanning bed men gross and so unmanly. They scare me.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Triple that. Fake tanned and tanning bed men gross and so unmanly. They scare me.

nah theres nothing nicer than a man with a bit of colour to his cheeks!

wouldnt recommend spray tan for you though ive had a really bad experience with one once (bright orange but white hands!) my friend swears by them though.

for before your holiday though your best off using sun beds. youll get a nice base tan so it will be easier to tan when your away and theres no chance of it going wrong.

and theres nothing wrong with a lad using a sunbed, some of the roughest chavviest "smack you in the face if you look at their dog funny" lads go to my tanning place!
  • Options
    I hate to tell you this Icey, but getting a spray tan would make you very definitely gay..

maybe he isnt that picky :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I have the johnsons holiday skin and it can come off on things for example round the neck area on my white dressing gown you can see the orangeness.
  • Options
    I don't see why men having spray tans is so bad it's definitely safer than sitting in the sun or using sunbeds and if you're lucky you get the same result.
  • Options
    i've tried johnsons and found it does it lovely for a few days, but then it starts looking uneven and patchy