Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what does an emo dress like?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dont even know what one is :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    google is your friend... (though I've not long been enlightend myself- rather wish I hadn't been too)
    the boys wear fitted jeans that are hanging off their arses with boxers showing over the top, and so they can hardly walk, longish hair with a fringe normally swept over one eye or hanging in front of both (most often black), on top they will wear a tight polo shirt, or fitted t-shirt or a hoody, or "geeky" things like a tank top with a fitted shirt underneath, jewelery is lots of piercings especially a loop through the bottom lip, and lots of plastic and beaded bracelets.

girls wear those silly footless tights, and often a ra-ra skirt over the top. Often worn with a stripey or spotted top, and jewelery is the same as for boys but with lots of big beads around the neck. Hair for girls can be short or long, but must have a thick fringe, or a fringe swept over one eye (as with the boys) hair is also normally dark

footwear for both sexes is converse, and both always wear a studded belt, and often thick rimmed square glasses.
    Black skinny jeans, black and pink adidas zip-up jacket, black skinny teeshirt with bleeding heart motif, silver studded belt, converse shoes, and hair that's covering both eyes, usually dyed red and black or black and pink. Lot's of crackwhore style makeup.
    Blah wrote:
    girls wear those silly footless tights, and often a ra-ra skirt over the top. Often worn with a stripey or spotted top, and jewelery is the same as for boys but with lots of big beads around the neck. Hair for girls can be short or long, but must have a thick fringe, or a fringe swept over one eye (as with the boys) hair is also normally dark
    pokadots, stripes, footless tights, beads and fringes are in fashion though, so thats not exclusive to 'emos'.
    lipsy wrote:
    pokadots, stripes, footless tights, beads and fringes are in fashion though, so thats not exclusive to 'emos'.

It should be, then not so many people would wear that crap :p
    All looks bloody awful if you ask me.

Not that anybody did ask me, but still.

Bloody awful I say.
    lipsy wrote:
    Haha emo! Pffft.
    my_name wrote:
    It should be, then not so many people would wear that crap :p
    yeah, then we could all wear dull tshirts and jeans instead :yes:
    lipsy wrote:
    yeah, then we could all wear dull tshirts and jeans instead :yes:

i'd rather wear dull t-shirts and jeans than footless tights under a skirt, i still cant believe people actually do this :lol:

each to their own i suppose, ive only seen emo type girls sporting the whole fringe / bead / etc combination
    Blah wrote:
    i'd rather wear dull t-shirts and jeans than footless tights under a skirt, i still cant believe people actually do this :lol:

each to their own i suppose, ive only seen emo type girls sporting the whole fringe / bead / etc combination

Don't forget, with pumps too :lol: really tops the look off.
    And pink shirts for men, pink shirts with the tight jeans. Really anything that screams, I wanna be an ugly woman.
    To be honest it only looks emo with the whole greasy black hair thing. With blonde hair it looks completely different.
    Blah wrote:
    footless tights
    I love that, it's like, people won't admit to wearing LEGGINGS after 1983, so they rename them footless tights and it's suddenly the coolest thing to wear :lol:
    Twats?
    To be honest it only looks emo with the whole greasy black hair thing. With blonde hair it looks completely different.

This is true.

Ilora hit the nail on the head re: leggings/footless tights. Jesus wept :yeees:
    Lot's of crackwhore style makeup.

And that one gave me mucho chuckles too...
    I love that, it's like, people won't admit to wearing LEGGINGS after 1983, so they rename them footless tights and it's suddenly the coolest thing to wear :lol:

:yes: I went to exchange a shirt and parked on the wrong side of the mall so I had to walk thru the whole thing, I saw these two girls, probably about 13, from the way they dressed and giggled, "footless tights" under skirts with off the shoulder shirts, high heals and beads. I literally chocked on my coffe as I could barely control my laugher when I saw it.
    I have to agree with Lipsy, like. I'm no way emo but I bum the whole beads/stripes/spots/fringes thing. I DON'T do footless tights/leggings though!

This is me on Saturday night some random bloke (I don't even remember having this photo taken!) as you can see, I'm totally not emo.

http://uk.tilllate.com/EN/picpage.php?gid=384208&fid=7266506&mode=none&tim_uid=0&tim_orgid=0&chartmode=0&grid=0&myalbumuid=0&page=7
    If you call yourself emo, your obviously a twat.
    If you insist that your not all the time when someone else calls you it, you could be, but your still a twat for thinkin it matters so much.

If you dont call yourself one, no one else calls you one, and you dont care what definition actually fits, welcome to the real world.

Hey, what do I have to do with all of this?! :p Hoho!
    lipsy wrote:
    I agree (all except the footless tights). My fringe is great and I definately wouldnt be decribed as emo.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    If you call yourself emo, your obviously a twat.
    If you insist that your not all the time when someone else calls you it, you could be, but your still a twat for thinkin it matters so much.

If you dont call yourself one, no one else calls you one, and you dont care what definition actually fits, welcome to the real world.

I concur Mr Bob. And very well put too.
    ive been shopping today and black and white poka dots/stripes are certainly in fashion
    theres an emo girl at our school but has blonde hair with a bit of black under her fringe and it actually makes her look a lot better and more well kept.
    i hate hate hate it when you see goths/emos with dyed black greasy hair all unkept and looking like a mop. It doesn't look that bad on girls if they style it properly and keep it neat and washed....on guys it hardly ever looks good. I'm still not keen on the look though. They moan that they wanna be different but they all look the same!
    1983 wrote:
    Hey, what do I have to do with all of this?! :p Hoho!
    Hahaha :yippe:
    LadyJade wrote:
    I concur Mr Bob. And very well put too.

Yeah, thats right, the mod agrees with me *mwah-hahaha*

That means im right and your all wrong.....well at least here, in this one thread on this one website, at this one moment....*sigh* ....well, that victory lost its buzz too quickly. hehe

Peace
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Well, it was a nice balance to the judgemental opinions of some posters, I just fail to see how it affects you for other people to express themselves freely through their appearance. Whatever floats your boat I say.....
    Stop being so......so......moderate!! hehe.
    You've just described at couple at my work down to the leggings

yuck...and they snog all the time. ffs its work!!
    I dont think being emo can even account for unusual office behaviour
    LadyJade wrote:
    Well, it was a nice balance to the judgemental opinions of some posters, I just fail to see how it affects you for other people to express themselves freely through their appearance. Whatever floats your boat I say.....

Indeed. Just look at some of the things we used to wear in the 70's and 80's. Ye Gods. "Emo" doesn't look half so bad after that, I bet. I mean, when I was younger people used to dress up like Boy George ffs. When he used top wear a white dress and beads in his hair.
    a bit like hope although with all that black she's verging on emo goth :lol: