Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

"your not my type"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
dont you hate that line? ever thought that perhaps you wouldnt be single if you didnt keep dating "you type"

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What women really mean when they say that is, "I don't want to hurt your feelings so I'll say you're not my type instead of what what I really think, which is you are a bit of a swamp donkey".
    haha yup true except im a chick and a guy said that to me. but i guess it works both ways?
    Yep, it just the bulk standard get out clause.
    Can't see the problem with that line if it's used correctly and honestly to be fair.
    It's nicer than saying "hell no, see how ugly you are..."
    rel wrote:
    haha yup true except im a chick and a guy said that to me. but i guess it works both ways?

Works the other way around too! It means for whatever reason he is not attracted to you and doesn't want to hurt you.
    Yeah, my type is girls that I find attractive. I don't find you attractive, you're not my type. See it's honest really. Much better than "I'm not looking for anything serious right now".:rolleyes:
    Yeah, it's a bit harsh to be told "you're not my type" but you've got to love honesty when it comes down to it. Stops everyone wasting their time.

As for "types", it would be great if more people could think outside the box when it comes to what they're looking for. But we're attracted to the qualities we're attracted to and the person we find attractive, that's life ho hum.
    It annoys me that a lot of people can be very narrow-minded when it comes to 'types'. Why not just go with the flow I say lol!
    You can't choose who you find attractive though.
    i got told the other day im just too intense

when im not around a group of people i can be the most boring person though :eek2:
    I am attracted to large breasted women with long blonde hair who are not taller then i am....But i fell in love with a girl who doesnt look anything like that. Her personality won me over and fell for her, so "types" really can mean more then looks, it can be purely personality.
    if someones not my type its just means i don't fancy them. it doesn't mean i think they're ugly though, they just don't have what i look for.
    lipsy wrote:
    if someones not my type its just means i don't fancy them. it doesn't mean i think they're ugly though, they just don't have what i look for.

:yes: Same goes. When i say you're not my type it really does just mean there's no spark between us so i don't see the point in me leading you on by saying otherwise.
    yeah fair enough. but when if the people that always go for there same type did you ever think perhaps they are not your type if your still single or keep fucking up the situation? i dunno it can be a good line cause you can be vauge but also suks lol
    It's nicer than saying "hell no, see how ugly you are..."

That's just mean; just as bad as leading someone on...