Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do you know what your fav radio DJ looks like?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I always listen to the same local(-ish) radio station every day in the car on the way to work and back. Tonight, I took a look at their website for the first time and I was amazed at what all my favourite DJs look like! Nothing at all like they sound.. if that makes any sense! Can't believe some of the people in the pics sound like they do on the radio...

Just wondered if anyone had been surprised if they'd ever looked at a radio website... :) *random*
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The guy who used to do the late night love songs on Tay FM came into my old work once. I didn't know who he was but I sort of recognised his voice. He was horrible and beardy.

Used to love special cuddles with my ex when his proggy was on. Although he'd a habit of playing Sexual Healing or the like, then between songs start twittering on about local fundraising stuff or whatever. Sort of killed the moment.

But yes. Horrible and beardy.
    Every major local radio station has billboards with their DJ's on them, so I know what most of any one on any station looks like.

Most, even with the hours and days of airbrushing, they still fit the "a face made for radio"
    No offense to mancow and erik and kathy in the morning :p
    I know what you mean, and the weird thing is that I never really have a mental picture of the DJs before I see them, but for some reason they still look different!
    I recently met one of our local lovey-dovey show DJs, I had a romantic notion that he'd be a right sexpot but he was average at best. I think I really offended him by cracking the old "face for radio" chestnut, you think he'd have heard it enough times by now... :p

464509.gif
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I know what they all looked like but I was slightly shocked when I saw one I hadn't seen for a while as he's changed but for the better :D.
    briggi wrote:
    I recently met one of our local lovey-dovey show DJs, I had a romantic notion that he'd be a right sexpot but he was average at best. I think I really offended him by cracking the old "face for radio" chestnut, you think he'd have heard it enough times by now... :p

464509.gif

Why oh why do i look at that picture and think "Tony Mortimer East 17"
    Carolina wrote:
    Why oh why do i look at that picture and think "Tony Mortimer East 17"

your right that is himTonyface.jpg
    Never said i knew why it reminded me of him as it really doesn't look like him now you've shown a picture.
    I absolutely love this one DJ called Jon Kennedy - listen to him pretty much religiously - We both go in Rough Trade (Record shop) pretty often and I wondered whether I'd ever bump into him.. and then realised if I did i didn't actually know what he looked like! So I looked on the website and found out he looked like this. Nothing like i'd expected! And then realised I had! He got my Adam green CD of the top shelf for me.. :p Bumped into him again in there the other day he peered over my shoulder and complimented me on my choice of CD :p

Adam and Joe look anything like I thought either..

Infact most of them don't... :/