Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Jukebox favourites

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Pretty self-explanatory... what song(s) do you always stick on the jukey?

I found yet another pub with a free [and almost entirely cracking] jukebox this weekend. Unfortunately there was a bad case of jukebox terrorism when someone queued up She Drives Me Crazy by the Fine Young Cannibals seven times in a row. Seriously now.

I suppose I could expand this question to DJ requests, too. So what's shakin' your bacon ? :razz:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Going underground in the pub on the jukey everytime, I think the most played song on jukeboxes is allegedly procul harum whiter shade of pale which I find quite hard to believe really.
    J Geils Band - Centrefold
    Rainbow - Since you been gone
    Kiss - Crazy Nights
    Toto - Africa or Hold the line depending on the mood
    Stone Roses - Sally Cinnamon
    White Snake - Here i go again
    Adam Ant - Stand and Deliver
    Prefab Sprout - King of rock and roll

and probably hundreds more, i love jukeys.
    koe_182 wrote:
    Prefab Sprout - King of rock and roll

Nice one :thumb:

I think I've had Squeeze - Up the Junction and Happy Mondays - Step On on every jukebox I've ever played. I can only remember one that didn't have either. To say I was gutted would be a massive understatement.

I also usually go for CCR - Bad Moon Rising, The Velvet Underground - Who Loves the Sun, Teenage Fanclub - It's All in My Mind and have been known to put The Lost Boys soundtrack on from start to finish sometimes.

The one that gets the most play these days among my mates is The Killers - All These Things That I've Done. I don't think any of us really like it but it is mainly so there can be jumping around shouting "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier" for the following hour :eek2: and it's value for money if you're having to pay...
    Oasis-Wonderwall, Don't look back in anger, She's electric
    Blur-Song 2, Country House
    Stone Roses-Waterfall
    i wish my local had a free jukey :( im uber jealous i may just cry

of the choice i have in mine they are

red hot chilis - higher ground
    soft cell - tainted love (it really pisses my mates off so i always put it on)
    libertines - dont look back into the sun

this is about the choice i have

woe is me

mind you i must get my mate to change it his old man runs the fecking place
    Achey Breaky Heart, obviously.
    Rod Stewart - Any of his hits! :)
    Rod Stewart - Any of his hits! :)

:lol:

I definitely hear Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? regularly on the jukey. Maggie May is usually reserved for karaoke night. That's a cracker.

In my local the owner's started turning the jukebox off and putting his 1001 greatest love songs/power ballads CD instead. Hence us going on the hunt for better music, I don't know if I can take much more Ultravox and Celine Dion to be honest. Enough to put me off my pint... well almost.