Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cute puppy alert

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
On Saturday morning, someone new arrived at my house. Her name's Harli, she's a seven week old brown Labrador.

star_galaxy-1.jpg

I love her to pieces. She's the cutest thing. :heart::)
(by the way, if anyone has any advice on dealing with Labrador puppies, please don't hesitate to tell me!)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh my god, im so jelous

Ive been wanting another labarador for so long!

What do mean advice on dealing with them?
    Blah wrote:
    Oh my god, im so jelous
    Ive been wanting another labarador for so long!
    What do mean advice on dealing with them?
    Anything specific, frankly. We've dealt with an Alsatian puppy before, (who will be three years old in July) but if anyone has any specific advice for Labrador pups, I'd happily listen.

Otherwise, just admire the cuteness. :heart:
    If you've dealt with shepherd puppies before then you shouldnt have a problem with a lab to be honest, im guessing you already know about training a big dog

but i have lots of experience with labs so if u want to know anything feel free to ask :):)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    :thumb:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Awww... that one is very cute.

Have lots of fun finding chewed up things everywhere. :p Hehe. Teach it cool tricks!
    Aww bless... I love puppies...

I would say that since we have a half lab, I could tell you a few training tips.... but we're still struggling to find them after 2 years so, good luck :thumb:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Cute puppy! :)
    She is sooooooooooo adorable!!

The only labradors I've known have been complete lunatics. I've looked after a golden lab called Simba and his was so big and an absoloutely bafoon. The blondest dog I've ever met - he ran to the scent of food once and we found him round the corner twirling in circles with a KFC bucked stuck on his head. Crazy critters! More energy than then most I find. Our alsation was no where near as exhausting as Sim.
    The only labradors I've known have been complete lunatics. I've looked after a golden lab called Simba and his was so big and an absoloutely bafoon. The blondest dog I've ever met - he ran to the scent of food once and we found him round the corner twirling in circles with a KFC bucked stuck on his head. Crazy critters! More energy than then most I find. Our alsation was no where near as exhausting as Sim.
    We've had one labrador in the past, but she wasn't a puppy when she first arrived. Her name was Glen, a yellow labrador, and a rescue dog. I think she was a year old when we got her. She'd been beaten up and starved by her previous owners. When we got her, she was literally weeks away from death. We got her in 1991 and she lived with us until her death in 2003. Therefore, we know about the adult dogs, but not the pups!
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! :heart:
    Oh its so cute. My uncle has a choclate lab, shes just about 6 months old now, shes for hunting. Lombardi Lambeau Favre is its name, Lambeau for short :p

They are the cutest dogs when they are babies, and grown too they are beautiful.
    Awwww cute. But be careful not to over feed her, as chocolate labs can gain weight easily. My friend has one which just plods around, due to its weight and due to his size, if he tries to walk between my legs, I almost end up riding on his back. He also like to chew things, carpet, newspaper, mags just to name a few.

But don't let the above put you off, as they are great dogs.
    I so want one!

Training a Lab is like training any large dog I've found. A few tips are to start training as early as possible - spoiling a dog for the first few months then going hardcore army style will just confuse it. Labs do need more exercise so taking her a good run every day will help. Try folding your arms and ignoring her if she jumps up when you first walk in the door (probably best for when she's big enough to reach :p ) Then it's just the tough love treatment until she learns to sit, heel, lie down etc.

Oh, and watch your food - as with most dogs she'll eat anything she can get her hands on, these dogs have insatiable appetites. I'm basing these all on Labs, German Shepherds and Staffordshire Bull Terriers as I've had most experience with them.
    My labrador puppy is now nearly 2 :(

Hide all your shoes, now.
    Glittery wrote:
    My labrador puppy is now nearly 2 :(

Hide all your shoes, now.
    That's more of an incentive to tidy up, eh Shaz :lol: :P
    my sister has had a choc lab puppy since it was a baby, its about 3 now, and still as much a pain in the arse, it doesnt realise how big it is and bounces around into anything. will also chew whatever is in its path, including people. still...cute dog.
    Jazza wrote:
    oh yes, although he still manages to find them :grump:
    Glittery wrote:
    oh yes, although he still manages to find them :grump:
    Maybe it's time to invest in some odour eaters ;) :razz:
    Jazza wrote:
    Less of your cheek boyo :p
    Jazza wrote:
    She should go to your house and gas you with these smelly shoes. :p
    My feet dont smell :o
    Glittery wrote:
    My feet dont smell :o
    Not sure I want to find out if that's true or not. :p
    Jazza wrote:

we've got a 1 and a bit year old irish deerhound and we have to keep the kitchen spotless (and everywhere else)! they're MASSIVE dogs (as in height wise) so he can reach on top of the worktops and the fridge and will eat pretty much anything he can get his teeth into.
    aw thats too cute. only seems like yesterday since my dog was a puppy but shes 9 now!
    SO CUTE!! :hyper:

Dont feed it chocolate, my dog nearly died a few weeks ago from chocolate poisoning
    ive got a crazy lab .. he's about 4 now but just as energetic and bouncy as he was when he was a pup!

lovely animals :yes:
    Shes so cute! :heart: Labs are notrious for being bonkers. Just train them up from when you get them and keep anything you don't want to get chewed very well hidden. My best mates thinking about getting another dog.