Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So Sorry Peeps, Another Pill Prob!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okies all, sorry if this has been done to death but:

I missed one pill last night (its been well over 12 hours). I can take my one tonight as usual. BUT the one I take tonight will be the last in the pack so I know I must 'run' striaght onto the next pack (is that right)?

But as I didn't take the pill my periods come on. Do I carry on taking my pills anyway?

Also, I don't seem to have another pack around...I usually go and get them in my 1 week break as I've never needed to run straight onto it before. My repeat prescription is at my dads house...uh oh...

Cheers all!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what pill are you one the combined or the mini?
    Hi FizzPopSpan,

We have a really good stickie bulletin that answers a lot of your questions on missed pills
    Ultimately though if your worried, i would reccommend using an extra form of protection over the next 7 days.

Hope this helps

Rebekah x :)

Yea, I read the stickie,but it doesn't explain what to do if ur epriod has already come on.

I'm on combi pill. :)
    Ok, FizzPopSpan, well the best advice i can give is to carry on taking your pill as you would do normally, but only have sex with an extra form of contraception such as a condom.

If your still unsure then maybe perhaps you should talk to your doctor or a sexual health advisor. If you want to find your local clinic use our finder
    also never leave it till your last week break to get a neew pack make sure you have a least a month still before you get anymore. that way if this happens again youll be prepared