Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Advice please!!!

Cries. I'm shitting myself here. I know its probably nothing but its shitting me up.

I've found something very very strange at the top of my right thigh. I've only just noticed it after feeling uncomfortable whilst walking around town. I just assumed it was a shaving rash as I shaved last night.

I've found a big lump in the top of my leg. Its about the size of a very large grape. I can put my fingers around in and feel it. Its like a big ball. Its very very sore and my skin around it is very very red (but I'm guessing thats because my jeans kept rubbing against it. Its sticking out slightly too.

Cries.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did it come up suddenly?
    If you are really worried phone nhs direct, they should be able to advise you or go see a pharmasist
    Make an appointment to see your doctor tomorrow, and try not to let anything rub against it. Try not to worry too much... bodies do strange things sometimes and very often it's not serious. Just get it checked out.
    Tweety wrote:
    Did it come up suddenly?
    If you are really worried phone nhs direct, they should be able to advise you or go see a pharmasist
    I think so. I noticed it today after feeling some pain. It just felt like a shaving rash.
    Could have bitten. But if worried seek medical advice.
    I've just rang NHS Direct. They are going to get a nurse to ring me in a bit.

I can't have been bitten to be honest. I've been wearing pants all the time.
    I've just had a call back and all they asked me to do was to go to my doctor to get it checked out.
    pop to the nhs walk in centre if you cant get an appt at the docs
    I don't think we have one.

I'm working all day tomorrow :( I can try and get an early appointment in the morning but I doubt I'll get one. You have to ring first thing in the morning to get one too.
    is it a lump in your groin area, as in the crease between your leg and your torso?
    If so, you have a gland there, and sometimes they can swell a bit if you have an infection somewhere or sometimes for not much reason at all.
    Does it feel like something to do with the skin like a spot or infected sweatgland, or ingrown hair, or does it feel like a gland type thing?
    I don't know what it feels like as I've never experienced anything like it before.

Its about a cm down from that crease.

It feels like I should have a spot there if that makes any sense. The whole lump is very sore though. Its about the size of a large grape. This isn't a spot.
    hm i was gonna say i get the odd sore red lump in my groin but they're always pea sized or smaller
    my mums friend developed an abcess between her bum and thigh while we were on holiday in florida, it got quite serious and she had to go to hospital to have it out. It was basically full of fluid. But i don't think its that.
    Just have to see what the docs say.
    If you've been told to go to the doctor then work should let you do that. Ring them first thing, I'm sure you can ring them from work/on the way to work if you need to.

Best to get it checked sooner rather than later though.
    id say its probably glandular so try not to fret too much and just see the doctor in the morning. if it is, theyll just give you some antibiotics.
    I know its easy to panic when you get a lump somewhere though.
    Let us know how it goes.
    I know its easy to panic when you get a lump somewhere though.

I did this, parents rold me they thought it was a bruise. Turned out to be an infection from an ingrowing hair. Everyone at school who knew (students anyway) thought it was cancer...:yeees:
    Ewww. I've woke up and its even bigger and has a huge purple bruise around it.

Managed to get an appointment at 9.15 though.

Will let you all know later. x
    Come on... how did it go?

I got bitten on the sole of my foot during my sleep. Bastard bugs... still got a little lump there now, but it was a good square inch for the first couple of days! :)
    Well, I got it checked out at the doctors and he told me it was a boil! Ewwwwwwwwwww.

I'm on antibiotics for 7 days. Hopefully it will be gone in a few days. It fuckin hurts.

Doctor told me its probably because I'm working so much that I got one :rolleyes:
    Brilliant news that its nothing serious :D
    stupid question but what are boils? i know i could look on the internet but that'll be all medical jargon. :p
    its like a big deep infected spot under the skin. Not very nice and can be painful, but at least its harmless and will go away with antibiotics.
    its like a big deep infected spot under the skin. Not very nice and can be painful, but at least its harmless and will go away with antibiotics.

:yes:

My mum gets them loads - I think some people are just more prone than others. But they're fine, once you get them treated, and she's only ever had a problem with one of them. And even then it was not exactly life or death.
    :yes: Minging aint it? It doesn't look like one though.

The doctor said I've probably got it because I'm overworking and I'm so tired and run down lately.