Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Friendship advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am currently going out (as friends) with a person i met. He has some personal issues he needs to vent, it hurts me to hear this because there is nothing i can do. he has a wife that cheated with 13 other men. They are currently in the seperation and back together. He was ready for a divorce but once his wife found out, she wanted to appoligise and make things better cause she loves "him"

either way - the fact that she allowed herself to sleep with 13 other guys is a bit harsh... the husband stop seeing his friends especially all of his female ones once they were married because he didn't want her to think that he would cheat. he says he hasn't done any cheating on her. but its hard to tell with men sometimes - hellowww sex drive lol.

We currently go out walking or just go out to chat. sometimes for HOURS. we seem to have a mutual good time. but his wife on the other hand isn't liking that he and I are going out , knowingly we are JUST friends. but she sees it as him and I cheating. I am not like that, i respect people. Besides I have a love that i would hate to loose because i started talking to a guy.

My love and this guy are my only close friends i got besides by family. I don't get out much sadly.

Given the husband guy is cute/smart/funny and cool -I just can't bear to date him, cause "mylove" is someone i love so much i couldn't dare kiss another guy. Obviously SEX is not an issue here. I just enjoy talking. finally being OUTside haha.

my question is.. is it wrong for me to become friends with a guy who has a jealous wife , who are on the verge of sep. or getting back together.

I don't know what he thinks of me, except i am a smart, beautiful, tall, and thin. But doesn't look like has anymore feelings then a good friendship. but i dont have the guts to ask him, if he thinks that we should consider getting together in future. I just hate to lose a friend. esp. since we just meet.

Comments

• Options
    Seems to me like his wife is out of order big time, if she did cheat on him with fucking 13 other men she should fucking shut up instead of whinning about her husband having a friend female, specially since you are not shagging him...

Frankly I don't even get why the fuck he want to stay with her, she obviously doesn't love him or at least have no respect for him to go and fuck so many other guy...

And it is more than ok for you to be friend with anyone, you are not fuck buddies, you are friends and if she can't understand that after all she did to him he needs friends, well too bad for her...
  • Options
    id stay out of it if I were you tbh. Stay clear of the man. You only have his word that his wife has cheated that badly. He could just be using it as a sob story to get into your knickers "my wife doesnt understand me" and then you feel sorry for him, and if it goes any further, you convince yourself its ok because their relationship is near enough over anyway. The fact is, he doesnt have to give it another go with his wife, he obviously wants to, so she cant be that bad. Let them sort it out amongst themselves without being a pawn in their games.