Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Power dispersion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I would like some opinions from both men
and women.

How do you think power should be dispersed in a relationship.

Does there have to be a leader and a compliant person?

How should a healthy marriage be as far as control and power look like?

Comments

• Options
    I am in a human services class and we had a speaker talk to us about childrens roles they take being the oldest, middle, or yougest child. he told us that this effects relationships as well. If two oldest are together than they usually split the power in the relationship, if you have two yougest then usually it is whatever thye do not really seem to mind who has control. If it is a combo of anything else usually the oldest or middle child likes to have the control. I am not sure if I really believe all of this, but he said that these are facts are taken from statistics. I believe there should not be any control in the relationship. It is suppose to be 50-50. Both of you should make decisions, take turns, and tell your own opinions. Even if you do this it requires compromise, which is hard for those power freaks. Anyways I hope this spread some light on your topic if not then I guess I am just rambling for no reason.
  • Options
    I would hate to be in a relationship where I have less than 50% of the power - I agree with the previous post: you take decisions either together or you take turns. Certainly whatever decision is taken, the views of both should be in the open.

P.S. I only have a younger sister - does that confirm the statistics?