Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Don't jeans suck :\

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hate shopping for jeans. Every single other piece of clothing is always the exact same size. I hate shopping and I hate trying on clothes. Every single shirt is always the same size, as are socks, panties, bras, jackets, shoes and anything else you could ever wear, always the same size. No need to try on and waste time. Jeans are always a differnt size. Even in the same store they will be different sizes. I bought some yesterday, thought hmmm, same store, different style, but same store, I'll get the size I got before... I'm wearing freaking highwaters, too short :\

Doesn't jean shopping suck :\

The're longs, why are they so short, I didn't get leg extentions last night... :mad:
I hope I can find the receipt.

[end rant]

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i love jeans but your right jean shopping does suck
    I hate jeans shopping too.
    The solution is simple: buy the same pair or jeans each time! New Look, hula, 30 inch leg, size 16. £15. So easy!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Jeans suck anyway. Movement-restricting pieces of ****. :p
    I hate buying jeans. Because they're NEVER long enough :(.
    Are you uber tall? I usually make the mistake of being so concerned with them fitting around my belly that I forget to look at the legs. Then I get them home and they are so far past my feet I could make nearly another pair with them. I'm so stupid.
    I'm 6', innit. It's hell finding jeans that are long enough for my legs.
    Wow, you'd tower over me. What length leg do you need? New Look do up to a 34 I think.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Top Shop and Dotty Ps have Tall ranges which are about 36".

I hate jeans shopping. I haven't bought a pair of jeans in about 4 years. I can't be arsed with it anymore.
    jean shoppin in my favorite... takes forever but nothing liek the perfect pair of jeans
    The solution is simple: buy the same pair or jeans each time! New Look, hula, 30 inch leg, size 16. £15. So easy!

New Look jeans are legendary. Although I'm more of a strut girl, myself :thumb:

I like jeans shopping generally. The only thing I have issues with is getting ones with a low enough rise. I'm a bit short in the body, so even low-rise jeans can look like bellywarmers on me. My latest solution is getting cheapy US jeans from T K Maxx, cause the American seem to like super-super low jeans. And they're all cheap. Win!
    Low jeans are great if you can wear them, but I'll stick with my bellywarming hulas! :lol:
    Low jeans are great if you can wear them, but I'll stick with my bellywarming hulas! :lol:

The hulas are boob-warming on me! Ok, not really, but they do come up over my belly button.

I'm not sure what I was doing when they were giving out normally-proportioned bodies. Probably sitting somewhere and thinking 'omg, my left hand is like a centimetre bigger than the right one'.
    kaffrin wrote:
    The hulas are boob-warming on me! Ok, not really, but they do come up over my belly button.

I'm not sure what I was doing when they were giving out normally-proportioned bodies. Probably sitting somewhere and thinking 'omg, my left hand is like a centimetre bigger than the right one'.

Yeah, I think I saw you in that area at that time too :chin:

I pretty much have to buy lowrise pants cuz my hips are so high, unnatrually high, so if I get normal pants I either have a humando crotch that could make any man jelous, or my jeans double as a bra.

Anybody else have that problem?
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Jeans rock.

Shopping for jeans sucks. Takes ages to find goode ones like ;/
    I'm fussy about the fit if they don't fit right I won't buy them and the ones that usually fit cost £40+ but I have found a pair that fit perfectly in Primark for £6 so I'll get some of them.
    i'm SO fussy about how jeans fit. i'm terrible. :grump:

i bought some from usc the other day but yet again i'm taking them back (i swear their mirrors are make things look nicer just so i buy them). i'm alllllways taking things back in that shop, i bet they hate me.

that's boring! you need different styles of jeans for different occasions etc. :yes:
    kaffrin wrote:
    I like jeans shopping generally. The only thing I have issues with is getting ones with a low enough rise. I'm a bit short in the body, so even low-rise jeans can look like bellywarmers on me. My latest solution is getting cheapy US jeans from T K Maxx, cause the American seem to like super-super low jeans. And they're all cheap. Win!

same here. i've got long legs but a fairly short body! (when i say long legs, i am actually only 5'4" but my legs are long for my height :p).

and ditto to the tkmaxx thing. i have a lovely pair of big (or is it dead?) star jeans that are an american label. they cost me £16 i think and they fitted quite nicely (namely on my bum which is very rare!) but were a bit tight around my waist. they don't fit so nice since i washed them though. :impissed:
    Wow, you'd tower over me. What length leg do you need? New Look do up to a 34 I think.
    34 = too short. My legs are (at last measure) 3 and a half foot from floor to hip. TopShop long length ones are good, but EXPENSIVVVVVVVVVVVVVE :(.
    franki has the worlds best legs. they go ALL the way up.

nice boobs too.
    Jeans never fit me. ever. I'm very short so there all like a foot past my feet if I can get any that fit me in the waist/bum. And I hate taking things up. Half the time with jeans it's not even worth it because they end up looking such a wrong shape. :(
    I love Jeans. The only jeans that fit me are Levis. :yes:
    Cazzoo wrote:
    Jeans never fit me. ever. I'm very short so there all like a foot past my feet if I can get any that fit me in the waist/bum. And I hate taking things up. Half the time with jeans it's not even worth it because they end up looking such a wrong shape. :(
    Levis do free alterations on their jeans, and they take them up using the orange stitching that's on all Levis - so they don't look like they've been taken up. Both my pairs of Levis were taken up by the store, and they're fab.
    the place where im most likely to find jeans that fit me well is internacional

though i do have 1 nice fitting pair from MK 1

im really fussy, they need to be a 34 leg, flared at the bottom enough, tight around the bum, they have to have back pockets and wide enough belt loops, and they need to sit low but not too low so that none of my tops reach ! oh, and a size 12 which always seem to be gone first

hence i dont buy jeans often
    Oh my god :\
    I hate it so much! There are only two places that I have ever found jeans that fit properly. A store called Express and the Gap, which I know you know of. The pants that fit are a good $80. Theres no way in hell I'm paying that much. I wouldn't buy them when my parents bought my clothes and I won't buy them now. I can usually find them good prices but no.

They have those stupid ugly as sin fuck knows why anybody bought or made them "skinny jeans" and those are the only things that are on sale or clearance. Probably becuase they know nobody sane wears those godawful things.

So the normal pants are all normal price.
    Every single jean, though techinacly differnt, looks identical, so if I found a pair I would glady buy a couple pairs of the same exact kind, I dont wear different pants for different occasions, thats just fucking retarded. Pants are pants. I just want some that fit that aren't absurdly expensive.

I really really want to find a pair from Express because I still have an unused gift card since christmas since the only thing they are selling is 80's revivals. Grosness.

A big sale is going on at the Gap, I'll check there, but fuck jeans. Seriously :\
    Fuck them
    Fuck jeans in the ass.
    In the either too big or too small ass.
    Blah wrote:
    tight around the bum

:yum:
    MrG wrote:
    :yum:

:lol: :thumb:

bum tightness is an important thing
    rachie004 wrote:
    I can't ever get jeans that are a) long enough and then b) small enough to fit me

which would be fine, but it's not like I'm even that tall or even that thin, new looks jean sizes are just wrong, pick up a size 8 top, ok thats fine, pick up a pair of size 8 jeans and I can fit two of me in there :impissed:
    I've had the same trouble with New Look jeans.
    I usually only wear jeans, but can rarely find ones that tick all the boxes..and i agree that sizes, even in the same shop, can vary...grrr
    I must be a size 17, coz 16's are great round the thighs and bum, but wont do up around the waist, yet 18's fit round the waist but require an extra bum on top of my own!
    I think my jeans are currently all from dorothy p's atm, lol! and im not even going to go into tops..i think im just oddly shaped!