Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hotels in London

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Me, my girlfriend, my mate and his girlfriend are looking to go away for the weekend in early July. Hostels aren't what we're looking for, and we're trying to get two double rooms for about £50 per person per night. We've seen a couple of places that work out at about £40 per person per night, but the problem is that they either have no car parking (we're driving down so its pretty necessary) or are miles from a tube station. Does anyone know of any spots where we can park cheaply if we stay somewhere with no parking, or a hotel that fits our needs or whatever? As i say, a hostel isn't what we're after.

Thanks for any help :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You won't get a central hotel for 50 quid including parking I'm afraid.

Everywhere in central London is near a Tube station so you're best parking near one of the Hertfordshire or Essex stations and coming in by train.

Find the hotel first though.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've spent a lot of time in Travelodges and have to say they're excellent. No frills, cheap, very comfortable, most have some sort of parking.

And an excellent TV System! ;)

Convent Garden is the best one to stay at, inside London whilst the Docklands one offers best parking and views of Canary Wharf and the Dome.
    Weekender Offender 
    rachie004 wrote:
    Travelodge/travel inn type of place prehaps

God yeah, can't be that much if it's only a weekend?
    Bri-namite wrote:
    God yeah, can't be that much if it's only a weekend?

It's £48 in bristol for a weekend night.
    Try booking at a hotel in the suburbs with decent transport links and a hotel car park, e.g. Waltham Abbey, Ilford, East Ham, Barking
    Would you consider a B&B or is it a big hotel you're after? I stayed in a B&B in Bethnal Green (don't be scared) when my niece was born and everyone had descended on my brother's house. I think it was £35 pp per night and they had car parking facilities... of a variety, anyway.

If not then I would definitely second Kentish's recommendation of parking outside London and training it in. Would save you a lot of hassle, I reckon.
    Sidtec wrote:
    Try booking at a hotel in the suburbs with decent transport links and a hotel car park, e.g. Waltham Abbey, Ilford, East Ham, Barking

Ilford, East ham, Barking?!? Personally I really wouldn't come here. Transport links might be decent but not alot else is. The only reasonable place to stay would probably be here it's next to a multi storey car park and you'd have to get a bus into Barking to get to a tube station or one of these which would probably be of a decent standard but are along a main road [A 406] and i don't know about parking... again you'd have to get a bus into Barking to get on the tube.

If you were gonna book somewhere in outerish London and travel in somewhere like Ealing, Highgate/Archway, Hampstead or Wembley might be better.
    The Hilton in Islington is normally quite cheap and has parking on site - but you have to pay extra for the parking. I got a family room in April for 4 people which worked out at £22 per person and becuase they didnt' acutally have any family rooms when we turned up they put is in 2 doubles.

xx
    i stayed at the days inn hotel between junctions 3 and 4, its at a service station but has car parking and is very nice! got everything you need in the room and came to £45 for both of us for 1 night
    Ballerina wrote:
    between junctions 3 and 4
    Of what? The M1?
    Kentish wrote:
    Of what? The M1?
    yep
    My bf and i did a yahoo search for hotels in London, quite obviously theres plenty to choose from.

We wanted a cheap but nice B&B to stay overnight at after we'd been to a concert at Hyde Park.
    Cost us £69 for both of us, brekfast including and parking available on the road outside. That was in Notting Hill, literally down one road from Hyde Park.