Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

that little heartstopping moment...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
when you hit "send" and sit back to wait and see if she's gonna blank you or not...

man i haven't even tried to get with a girl for nearly 3 years now i have no idea what i'm doing and i feel like i'm 17 again. fucksake i'm 22! :yuck:

Comments

• Options
    Don't worry, everyone does it whether you're 22 or 42.
  • Options
    Bless.

Text flirting is fun, whatever your age.
  • Options
    I hate text flirting, I'm horrible at it. And doing it on MSN, that sort of thing. Not like the site where you can just go :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt:
  • Options
    I hate text flirting, I'm horrible at it.

Me too, I always worry if I'm saying the wrong thing. I know what I want to say and I know what I think I'm saying, but I'd be amazed if she doesn't look at it and think I'm an eejit.

It's worse when I'm drunk and I can't remember what I've said, and then try and apologise, and she's like "Aw, so you didn't mean it" and I get all confuzzled :blush:

I like getting text butterflies though :yes:
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:

It's worse when I'm drunk and I can't remember what I've said, and then try and apologise, and she's like "Aw, so you didn't mean it" and I get all confuzzled :blush:

that's normally when someones drunk and they say something nice to someone and the next day they're like sorry i was drunk. so now she thinks you didn't mean it. :p
  • Options
    that's normally when someones drunk and they say something nice to someone and the next day they're like sorry i was drunk. so now she thinks you didn't mean it. :p

Luckily she actually came out and said "Oh so you didn't mean it then?", instead of acting all huffy and not speaking for me for days on end without telling me what the matter was like usually happens with girls :razz:

Sorted, till next time at least :thumb:
  • Options
    I heart text flirting! It's the best fun ever. Well, not really. But there's much to be said for flirting via text.

I can be more adventurous in a text. Or email. Or whatever. I'm far better flirting in writing than in speech cause I suck at life. I like wooing people with words though. So yay!

I love texting butterflies also. Like, when you're waiting to hear what they say in reply, and smiling to yourself once you read it, thinking about what great thing you can say to win them over next.

Just sucks that it costs so much.
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    I love texting butterflies also. Like, when you're waiting to hear what they say in reply, and smiling to yourself once you read it

And going "Awww" out loud :o

And checking your phone every 5 seconds.

And looking at the text you just sent and hoping it sounded alright.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    And going "Awww" out loud :o

And checking your phone every 5 seconds.

And looking at the text you just sent and hoping it sounded alright.

And the way that everytime you look at your phone you never get that text. It's always when you look away, or start doing something else, and it makes you jump by surprise.
  • Options
    You're all boring. Phone them and flirt. ;)

I had a lad phone me last night just after midnight for a chat. Mind you, we did text a fair bit. But I did stay at his last week after his gig. Nowt happened, we watched The Wedding Singer and had toast and wine. :)
  • Options
    1983 wrote:

I had a lad phone me last night just after midnight for a chat. Mind you, we did text a fair bit. But I did stay at his last week after his gig. Nowt happened, we watched The Wedding Singer and had toast and wine. :)

Oooh! That sounds nice!

But no... I can't afford the phonecallness.
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean and I'm 24 and have had no luck with guys thinking of turning into a Nun!!!
    A few weeks ago I met a lad, got on well with ended back at his knew he liked me things woudl have gone further but they couldn't (wish they had now! :blush: ) I put my number in his phone so it was up to him if he wanted to contact me, he did not ong after I left. A few days later I text him saying hey hows you etc, he did reply but didn't reply to my reply. Last few times I've been out I've ended up texting him and a bit of flirting has been going on (e.g. how I coudl keep his mind off the birds keeping him awake etc) he text me on Sunday night and I replied but hes not replied yet..... ARGH!!!
    I dunno if I should give up I kinda think I should but then I was thinking about sending one last message saying sorry for textin when I've had a drink but it makes me think of what happened that night and kinda gets me wanting what should have happened that night, what you think?
  • Options
    God, fuck hanging around for lads who don't text you til a few days later.

A few hours are acceptable. Days, nah.

:p
  • Options
    1983 wrote:

I can only ever pluck up the balls when I'm drunk (mainly cause it makes it easier to forget the cringeworthy shit I come out with), and when I'm drunk I can't hear anything because my phone's shit when I'm in a pub/outside :razz:

Get a new phone or grow some balls, eh?
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I can only ever pluck up the balls when I'm drunk (mainly cause it makes it easier to forget the cringeworthy shit I come out with), and when I'm drunk I can't hear anything because my phone's shit when I'm in a pub/outside :razz:

Get a new phone or grow some balls, eh?

Speaking of pubs and such, I'm going out for a drink with people from work. Fancy a drink later tonight?
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Speaking of pubs and such, I'm going out for a drink with people from work. Fancy a drink later tonight?

Nah, am having a couple in Dennistoun with my flatmate I think. Planning on total wreckage :yes:
  • Options
    well, looks like i was being cruelly led on anyway

back to another 3 years of solitary masturbation
  • Options
    n00b1e wrote:
    well, looks like i was being cruelly led on anyway

back to another 3 years of solitary masturbation
    know that feeling
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Nah, am having a couple in Dennistoun with my flatmate I think. Planning on total wreckage :yes:

That'll be two Barcardi Breezers and a Wkd then, yeah? :razz:
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    That'll be two Barcardi Breezers and a Wkd then, yeah? :razz:

Hardcore till the end, me :yes:
  • Options
    I really hate mobile phones in general, they make it too easy to ignore people,. If you call a few times, they get 3 missed calls, and it makes you look desperate. And when they don't reply, they can always use the excuse "I didn't have any credit" and you're never sure whether they're telling the truth (worse when you've been out a few times, and they don't want to take it any further). So then you don't know whether to ask them out again.

But I've come to the conclusion that if someone wants to go out with you, they usually make the effort to text back (like borrow a friends phone or something). I can't be arsed with anyone who would waitfor you to text again, to make sure you're really interested. That's just stupid.
  • Options
    I hate texting wen drunk. I always say the things i swore I never would when I'm sober. All of a sudden I think of the person then get this sudden urge to do it. It makes it so much worse when you wake up and realise they haven't replied and arent going to!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I hate texting wen drunk. I always say the things i swore I never would when I'm sober. All of a sudden I think of the person then get this sudden urge to do it. It makes it so much worse when you wake up and realise they haven't replied and arent going to!

I aint ever done it when drunk just done it thought drink for courage! and this guy always replied!!! MEN WHY!!???!? whats the point of replying if not interested?!?!
  • Options
    i totally agree! why do people reply or even give the number if you not going to text back or arnt intrested? its better just to leave it and you get the message! i find texting can be good and bad, the good is you can send great kinky texts that you would never say to there face and get great ones back! but bad when people tell you stuff like "im not intrested" or breaking up over text! or just when they take ages to reply and your cheacking messages all the time and its always in the back of you mind, why arent the texting back? did what i say make sense and wont freak them out??

overall i gotta love it i guess...:yes:
  • Options
    rel wrote:
    i totally agree! why do people reply or even give the number if you not going to text back or arnt intrested? its better just to leave it and you get the message! i find texting can be good and bad, the good is you can send great kinky texts that you would never say to there face and get great ones back! but bad when people tell you stuff like "im not intrested" or breaking up over text! or just when they take ages to reply and your cheacking messages all the time and its always in the back of you mind, why arent the texting back? did what i say make sense and wont freak them out??

they probably have all good intentions to reply.....until u text some drunken ramble at 3 am! it reeks of depseration!
  • Options
    rel wrote:

well i've been dumped by text, told a guy cheated on my by text, had some nasty texts, flirted over text which come to something!!! and the recent one when he snet me his number i replied and he does but then it stops and nothing come of it! its doing my piggin head in like! Fell like texting saying dont reply if your not interested the last texts i sent were suggestive and still he replied but nothing kinda got goin!
    MEN MEN MEN
    think I'll become a nun
    I do always reply but if someone is getting wrong i dea i tell them
  • Options
    lol!! true.. but then it can be funny when you look back and see what you said if you dont have feelings for the person, like if you sent a random message to one of your best mates! gotta love that im sure they do!
  • Options
    rel wrote:
    lol!! true.. but then it can be funny when you look back and see what you said if you dont have feelings for the person, like if you sent a random message to one of your best mates! gotta love that im sure they do!
    yeh i get random messages but i never seem to get in a state when i do that!
  • Options
    If I'm ever expecting a specific text (not even off a girl or anything) you can guarentee that everyone else in the world will text you before they do. My mum, my friends, people I haven't spoke to in years. I'll get them all before the one I actually want.
  • Options
    If I'm ever expecting a specific text (not even off a girl or anything) you can guarentee that everyone else in the world will text you before they do. My mum, my friends, people I haven't spoke to in years. I'll get them all before the one I actually want.
    thats true too but thats true about everythin