Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

gggrrrr

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Theres a girl at school that i used to be friends with, she was a complete psyco and would be my friend when she felt like it basically. Anyways, eventually she ditched me for a guy and i found some new friends. While we've still been at school i've been civil to her just to keep peace but we've left, she's going to college and i'm staying in 6th form. And tbh, cause she treated me like shit i don't really want anything to do with her cause we're completly different and she just annoys me now.
She keeps ringing my house and has just rang like 5 times in a row. She does it every few days....make that 6 now.....shall i just ignore the calls? I can't turn round and tell her to fuck off cause i'm not like that.
Just needed a rant.

Comments

• Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    Theres a girl at school that i used to be friends with, she was a complete psyco and would be my friend when she felt like it basically. Anyways, eventually she ditched me for a guy and i found some new friends. While we've still been at school i've been civil to her just to keep peace but we've left, she's going to college and i'm staying in 6th form. And tbh, cause she treated me like shit i don't really want anything to do with her cause we're completly different and she just annoys me now.
    She keeps ringing my house and has just rang like 5 times in a row. She does it every few days....make that 6 now.....shall i just ignore the calls? I can't turn round and tell her to fuck off cause i'm not like that.
    Just needed a rant.

Try to talk some sense into her. Reflect her immaturity, caused by her constant phone calls. I certainly would ask the person how they could cope with such immaturity. It's a bit too much doing this, I agree. :p

In this case, an intelligent approach is by far a more plausible alternative for you. Tell her you're surprised over her behaviour, and never thought she'd be such a pain in the ***.

Ask her why she keeps on calling you when you are indirectly informing her you don't want anything to do with her when you're ignoring her.

Other than that, I have no idea. Call her, do the above - if anything unplanned happens, improvise and hope for the best. :p Like I usually do during important presentations - sometimes it gets a homerun, sometimes it gets you into deep shit.

Nobody's forcing you to be friends with her. Just tell her you don't want to - not more complicated than that.
  • Options
    Leave an answer message saying: if this is "ex-friend" stop calling me, you're acting like a stalker.

That way you don't have to tell her to fuck off personally.
  • Options
    Maybe she's grown up a bit since school and realises she was wrong to ditch you for a boy. Is it not worth hearing what she has to say?
  • Options
    amy06 wrote:
    Maybe she's grown up a bit since school and realises she was wrong to ditch you for a boy. Is it not worth hearing what she has to say?

But the girl treated her like shit...
  • Options
    amy06 wrote:
    Unlikely. One of my ex-best friends didn't talk to me for two months after school, then told my boyfriend at the time that I would be the one most likely to sleep with someone else behind his back, and now when she comes through drive-thru at my work, she gives me the dirtiest looks ever.

Stupid bitch.
  • Options
    amy06 wrote:
    she treated me like shit for 4 years, and only wanted to be my friend again when i found others and her bf fucked off on her - plus she had no other friends
    she rang again and my mum said i was out
    we only left school a few weeks ago
  • Options
    Maybe text her asking what she wants? (literally, those three plain words). When she texts back just say, to whatever she said "sorry, im busy speak soon."... it worked for me :)
  • Options
    Maybe im too forgiving but people make mistakes especially when theyre young.
  • Options
    I hadn't spoken to the girl in two years when she came through my drive thru, and she spoke to me like I was shit on the bottom of her shoe.

The likelihood of this girl having changed in three weeks is highly unlikely.
  • Options
    amy06 wrote:
    part of growing up is dropping your friends for a member of the opposite sex.
    it's normal.
    you want to spend time with your b ...g ...friend ...not your playground mates.
  • Options
    it's normal.
    Yeah thats exactly what I mean everyones done it and had it done to them at some point around that age. Its just best to forgive and forget unless shes treated you like shit in other ways then i'd maybe be more cautious.
  • Options
    she'd come into school somedays and just wouldn't talk to me for no reason
    she also got depressed/made feeble suicide attempts, wrote letters in her own blood and stuff and basically got very weird
    she was abused bad by her parents and is in care and stuff, she had alot of issues and i just eventually had enough. I was there for her and she threw me away numerous times.
  • Options
    it's normal.

Oh yes.

But I'd imagine I'd plan to answer the phone to her, act all arsey about it and let her do the making up after that.

But in reality, I'd answer the phone and probably be a wuss and accept her back just like that cause I'm too soft.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    she also got depressed/made feeble suicide attempts, wrote letters in her own blood and stuff and basically got very weird
    she was abused bad by her parents and is in care and stuff, she had alot of issues and i just eventually had enough. I was there for her and she threw me away numerous times.
    and on top of everything she's been through ...you want to treat her like shit ...discard her ...abuse her.
    do her a favour ...don't have any more to do with her.
  • Options
    WHAT A BITCH, being depressed!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    and on top of everything she's been through ...you want to treat her like shit ...discard her ...abuse her.
    do her a favour ...don't have any more to do with her.

This is true, I think it would be best for both of you if the "friendship" ends now. Though I don't want you to take that as a damning comment on you personally or the way you're handling things at the moment. It sounds like she has serious personal problems and while it's fair enough that you don't feel in a position to be a friend to her anymore I think you should handle it as sensitively as possible. From what you've said, she could well be of a very delicate disposition and anymore rejection isn't going to help matters at all. Even if she's hurt you in the past, be the bigger person and try and end your contact on a more positive note.

Next time she calls I think you should talk to her; just hear her out and let the conversation come to a natural conclusion. You don't have to make any further plans after that, or even end the conversation with "speak to you ____" or anything like that. Just say "take care of yourself" and goodbye, since you're going your seperate ways post-school that may even be enough in itself to show her that that's it.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:

It always has to be about you, and your precious little feelings, doesn't it? You always have to be the bloody victim don't you- everyone else treats you badly, your life is the worst thing ever, yawn yawn yawn. Look "spoilt child" up in the dictionary, you might just see yourself.

After all this girl has been through...of course she will be a wee bit unstable. Of course her moods will fluctuate, and of course she will not be thankful. Are you actually surprised? You do seem to be taking pleasure in the fact she lost her boy and she lost her friends. All because she didn't get down on her knees and kiss your feet in gratitude that you lowered yourself to be a friend. What a pleasant girl you are.

As MR says, the nicest thing you can do to this girl is stay well away from her. I hope you have the tact to be nice about it, but I shan't hold my breath. The last thing this girl needs in her life is someone like you, who doesn't give a toss about anyone but themselves and their own precious existence.

Get back to us when you stop acting like a petulant toddler.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:

you have just answered your own question there my love, part of being a friend is to be there when they need you, maybe her phoning you is because she desperatly needs you, is it so hard to lend a sympathetic ear? I hope you never contemplate suicide and feel depressed.
  • Options
    part of being a friend is to be there when they need you

And sometimes being there when they don't think they need you. Everyone needs someone, whether they like to admit it or not.
  • Options
    Next time i see you whingeing about correct forum usage, i'm going to cite this thread.

Post #18 pretty much sums my thoughts up on the matter.
  • Options
    :love:
    Malapropism? :confused:
  • Options
    I hope you never contemplate suicide and feel depressed.

What a thing to say!

I don't think it's really fair to condemn Ballerina for not wanting to be friends with this girl. Granted the tone of the thread isn't good, but still.

By every admission she's made neither of them have acted as a friend to the other [regardless of personal problems] and there is no rule that says that because someone you know is depressed you have to suddenly disregard any other grievances or reservations you may have about them and begin a saintly vigil at their side. As I'm sure the majority of us know through either experience with friends and family or personal experience - depression and related problems can make someone incredibly hard to spend time around. Sometimes you have to be selfish and look out for your own interests; and if the friendship isn't true it's likely to end up being more detrimental to the depressed person further on down the line.
  • Options
    Well for me the tone of the post was a bit to close to home hence why I posted what I did, im sure ballerina is a nice girl, but she has came across as being a bit selfish and inconsiderate. When I had my problems the support of friends and people who i never really considered friends were what got me through. And im sure as you put I was a nightmare to be around.
  • Options
    Well for me the tone of the post was a bit to close to home hence why I posted what I did, im sure ballerina is a nice girl, but she has came across as being a bit selfish and inconsiderate. When I had my problems the support of friends and people who i never really considered friends were what got me through. And im sure as you put I was a nightmare to be around.

I get why you [and everyone else] posted what you did, without a doubt.

But a certain level of selfishness is only healthy, and some people deal with other people's emotional problems better than others. Like I said before and to echo the sentiments, if Ballerina [or anyone in a similar situation] doesn't feel like she can support this girl then she's best off just cutting her ties for both of their sakes :)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It always has to be about you, and your precious little feelings, doesn't it? You always have to be the bloody victim don't you- everyone else treats you badly, your life is the worst thing ever, yawn yawn yawn. Look "spoilt child" up in the dictionary, you might just see yourself.

After all this girl has been through...of course she will be a wee bit unstable. Of course her moods will fluctuate, and of course she will not be thankful. Are you actually surprised? You do seem to be taking pleasure in the fact she lost her boy and she lost her friends. All because she didn't get down on her knees and kiss your feet in gratitude that you lowered yourself to be a friend. What a pleasant girl you are.

As MR says, the nicest thing you can do to this girl is stay well away from her. I hope you have the tact to be nice about it, but I shan't hold my breath. The last thing this girl needs in her life is someone like you, who doesn't give a toss about anyone but themselves and their own precious existence.

Get back to us when you stop acting like a petulant toddler.
    there's no need to jump down my throat kermit....i have been her friend and been there for her as much as i can for 4 years, i went to councelling sessions with her, tried to help her with her self harming and spent alot of time with her. Yet she still threw me away a number of times, and was only my friend when it suited her. I'm not a horrible person but we're going seperate ways in our life and we're too different. I know about her past and i can understand why it might have screwed her over in her head. But she never really valued me, and has spread rumours about me for absolutly no reason...she got it into her head that i was trying to take her bf off her when i never even met the guy.
    I spent 4 years putting her feelings ahead of mine but i could only take so much. I am deffinatly not a selfish person, but everyone has to be a bit selfish at times or else we'd never get anywhere in our lives.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    SHE was abused bad by her parents and is in care and stuff, SHE had alot of issues and I just eventually had enough. I was there for her and she threw me away numerous times.
    It just seems that youve brought her problems back to you and the affect its had on you, rather than being understanding of your friend and the affect it may have had on her.
  • Options
    Yeah I guess you are right, but it does depend on the persons mentality, but if ballerina thinks that she can't help her friend/ex friend then the best thing would be to sever all ties.
  • Options
    amy06 wrote:
    It just seems that youve brought her problems back to you and the affect its had on you, rather than being understanding of your friend and the affect it may have had on her.
    of course it's going to have an effect on any friend, she would cut herself infront of me when i went over and would come to school and show me all her scars.
    Yes i know having a dodgy background isn't going to do her any favours and i can understand why it screwed her up. I did all i could but in the end it just wasn't enough, i felt like i could never say/do the right thing. She was a bit of an attention seeker because she started her own rumour that she was pregnant and got an abortion, and i got dragged into it.
    She was the one who got rid of me, not the other way round.
    I tried my best, but we were mismatched from the start, both completly different and hardly had anything in common. I did what i could to help her and be there. I don't think you can argue with that.
  • Options
    I completely understand where your coming from theres only so much you can do for someone and it doesnt sound as if your particularly close so why should you put up with her. I think it was just the way you put it that made people jump on you a bit. Like the others said the best thing you can do, without being nasty, is not to have anything to do with her anymore.
  • Options
    amy06 wrote:
    I completely understand where your coming from theres only so much you can do for someone and it doesnt sound as if your particularly close so why should you put up with her. I think it was just the way you put it that made people jump on you a bit. Like the others said the best thing you can do, without being nasty, is not to have anything to do with her anymore.
    exactly, i can't do anything more for her and we've only been civil since i've found new friends when ive bumped into her and stuff - so we're hardly busom buddies anymore
    i did what i could, i tried so hard for 4 years to be there and help but nothing ever seemed to work. It just got repetitive. We're just so different, shes come up to me bragging about how many random guys shes slept with and had a pregnancy scare not too long ago and is off to college. Whereas i've got a steady relationship with a guy and i'm staying in 6th form. Nothing in common and going different ways, so we'd only drift apart anyway.
    I didn't mean to come across as nasty but because of what i've had to put up with for 4 years, it does make me quite bitter sometimes cause of the way she treated me like a paper towel. But still, there was no need for some people to jump down my throat and hurl abuse at me.
    I've got no harsh feelings for her, we're just too different that's all.