Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

weird missed calls

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ballerina wrote:
    wow its back from the dead

So gotten any more weird calls in the last couple months :p
    If you suspect it's a business number, type it into a search engine and you'll probably get the "contact us" page of the business website.

I had to do this for an disciplinary investigation I did at work - some guys were unplugging a fax machine, plugging in a telephone and calling Expedia, local estate agents and the nearest pizza delivery place! Ask.co.uk came in very handy that day!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    rachie004 wrote:
    just to resussitate the thread some more - I've been missing calls from an 0161 number for over a week, which would be lovely but they never leave a message (so has obviously LISTENED to my answer machine message and even more lovely seeing as NO ONE in manchester has my house number), anyway they finally rang again this morning (while I was asleep)

first time:
    Hi is bob there?
    no you've got the wrong number, sorry *hangs up*

second time:
    Hi is bob there?
    no, wrong number again *hangs up*

third time:
    hi is bob there? I justed wanted to make sure I was dialling the number correctly:
    No, you've seriously got the wrong number NOW STOP FUCKING RINGING ME
    Heh, I remember once I answered the phone and I heard the stereotypicsl voice of a half-crazed old man saying "Yes? <womans's name>". I said "no, that's the wrong number". A few seconds later he calls again and says the same thing. Because of his voice it was actually quite funny!
    my_name wrote:
    So gotten any more weird calls in the last couple months :p
    nope luckily
    ok so its a big file, and doesnt belong in the sex forum, no matter how amusing the name is

its an excel file with area codes for phone numbers, gets a bit specific in some areas

it was quite small before i saved it as an excel file, it was a .csv (comma separated values) file, but thesite wont let me upload it, so it went all massive on me when i saved it again
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Pffft. Post more numbers up so I can have a laugh ringing them ;p

Best ones are still big telemarketing businesses that let you go to answer phone when you call them back. Fun message time.
    I had some weird missed calls yesterday, or rather my wife did. So I called the person - no answer. I sent a text and I got one back saying 'hu iz dis?' I replied saying 'you should know, you've been giving my wife missed calls and not answering when I called to check'.

The calls stopped after that.
    rachie004 wrote:
    just to resussitate the thread some more - I've been missing calls from an 0161 number for over a week, which would be lovely but they never leave a message (so has obviously LISTENED to my answer machine message and even more lovely seeing as NO ONE in manchester has my house number), anyway they finally rang again this morning (while I was asleep)

0161 is the Manchester number :p
    Ah right.

Logically though, someone from an 0161 is more likely to phone someone else in an 0161 :p

I have a lovely 01204 number, fuck 0161 :p
    My number must be the same has a dozen other people because I'm forever getting random callers and texters. At first I used to just say "Sorry mate, wrong number". Now I just string them along which can get some rather amusing results :D.
    Makoto wrote:
    Now I just string them along which can get some rather amusing results :D.

That's always fun. My mate once got a survey call, for a Mr somebody on her mobile. (obviously she had their old number, or they'd got the number wrong) This was the conversation (bear in mind she's a 16 year old girl and SOUNDS like a 16 year old girl):

Mate: Hello?
    Caller: Hi, may I speak to Mr *Surname Here* please?
    Mate: Yes, speaking :)
    Caller: Oh.... well can I ask a few questions please *goes on to explain why*
    Mate: Oh yes yes go ahead :D
    Caller: You're married yes?
    Mate: Yeah, 8 times, lovely girls they are.
    Caller: And any children?
    Mate: Probably, somewhere.
    Caller: Right..... can I have your date of birth?
    Mate: Of course, 31st of Uptember 2032.
    Caller: Listen, is this a wind up??!!
    Mate: No no, but I must go,the cats fell down the toilet.

And she hung up.And we killed ourselves laughing

They don't learn though. Ten minutes later....

Caller: Hi, may I speak to Mr *Surname Here* please?

:rolleyes:
    Doofay wrote:
    Ah right.

Logically though, someone from an 0161 is more likely to phone someone else in an 0161 :p

I have a lovely 01204 number, fuck 0161 :p
    That's a Bolton area code.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've just had two call within 10 minutes from this number

First time I picked up and the line went dead straight away. Second time it only rang twice before cutting out.

I did a 14713 and got this recorded message..

"Thank you for your call. You were contacted today by a member of the CBP group, we may try and contact you again at a later date."
    Weekender Offender 
    my area colde at home is 01205, thats nearly snap :p
    Hello. My first post here - found this Googling for 02085398900.

Just got a call from 02085398900. Had a few before, but always hung up when I answered. This time therewas somebody there. He launched into his spiel, and when he paused, I informed him that my number was registered with the TPS, and he was committing an offense by cold calling me.

He insisted that he was not cold calling because they were an "authorised Orange dealer". However, he did provide me with the company details to pass onto TPS.

So if anybody wants to make a complaint, they are:

Phones4all Ltd
    Laytron
    E10 7QN

The guy that phoned me was Ali.
    same...

same story here - asked for my number to be taken off their database, and took their address - it is a different address than was given to the previous poster.

Phones for All Ltd
    PO BOX 278
    Rainham
    RM13 8WR

here's the link for TPS (telephone prefeence service) to exclude your number from these calls...
    http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    OLD TOPIC LET IT DIE KPLZTHX

ffs.:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.