Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Summertime Blues

2»

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    MrG wrote:
    do something for thesite.org or whatever

yep :) there are plenty of ways to support us or volunteer for us

You can also check out other volunteering opportunities out at do-it.org.uk

I hope you manage to make the most of your summer ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Would love to but sadly volunteering don't pay.

You've got me singing Eddie Cochran now. Yay! Makes the situation seem a little better...
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Don't let your mind go unused during the summer, keep your mind active.

That's exactly what I'm doing. And I'm still bored. Time for some french studying *grabs out french book, but regrets and put it back*.

Why am I such a social retard? :crying:

This'll be over in an hour, I'm sure
    MrG wrote:
    do something for thesite.org or whatever
    Never one to resist the opportunity to plug your favourite charity, are you? :p
    I dunno... I am the sort of person who constantly needs to be doing things... That and I need a job. My flatmates have either gone home, or work full time, don't see my other mates as much. It's boring doing nothing.
    are you staying in your flat at uni for the summer? or have you gone home?

the atmosphere in the student area during the summer changes so much. at first its great because everyone wants to get drunk and have bbqs on the street. but then when people go home its so sad :(
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Anybody else get them?

Hate to say it... But summer sucks, it's sooooo boring.

Tell me about it, they got me down in a rut again.

There is only ever one good thing about summer man - laying out in a big grassy field.

Thats about the only bit I like. The best time of year is the "average" parts, not to hot or cold, but they don't last. The ones where it isn't even windy, wind sucks..

You know, them perfect inbetween nothing days.

Thats the best, thats when I am at my most up in the year. When I am happiest...

The seasons get to ya sometimes, especially summer ... no school, no college, no job, nothing to do. It's a real downer.
    Blah wrote:
    Ive got the summer-time blues something aweful, only i never get to go back to uni because i graduate this september :crying:
    Just a thought.how about getting a job?
    I'm a bit of both. I hate and love summer. I love earning money but I hate working. I love having not to go to any lectures or worry about coursework, etc but I miss going to uni and seeing my course mates. I miss the uni life. I'm currently staying at uni throughout the summer and have a full time job. Its boring as fuck when I get home though because all my flat mates have gone home and they are not back until September :(
    I hate summer couples though. Argh.
    i like the summer, but not the summer holidays, im gonna have to keep up with my drawing so that i dont lose my skill, its too long to be off, i broke up at the end of april, ive been workin almost full time, but im still bored. i wanna go back!