Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Text message tone

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mine just beeps, and rings like a telephone when it's a phone call.

The only ringtone I've ever liked was Walk This Way, which my ex had. It sounded great.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    icey wrote:
    or the catchphrase noise.

Some guy on the train home from work had the catchphrase noise, it sounded cool.

My phone doesn't make a noise anymore. The software is fucked. Miss so many calls now :<
    Mine is just a noise that came on my phone called tone 2.

It reminds me of the Haribo advert, its like the tune of " Kids and grownups love it so" then stops there. its aite
    Mine is just the original that came with the phone... I cant be arsed to change it!
    Mines standard old nokia tone... How boring am i? :yeees:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Since others posted theirs, here are mine.
    "Giants" is for calls, "Module" for SMS.
    NOTE: I noticed there's not a size limit for mp3 files; if you think they're too big, feel free to delete them or this post.
    My text message tone is beep beep, beep beep and then it vibrates. My ringtone is just vibrate. I never take them off of that. I hate it when people have really loud and cheesy ringtones.
    I hate my text message tone. It's just a standard Samsung one, which I've had on all 4 of my Samsung phones, and I'm sick to the back teeth of it. I'm hopefully getting a Nokia 6111 in August, and as far as I remember, you can personalise it on those can't you? :D I never used to on my old Nokia, because I never knew if it was ringing or texting(old polyphonic thing and all the ringtones sounded the same to me, so I stuck with the Nokia tune), but I'll just have someone saying something if I can change it on this one. Or get my boyfriend to make me one. AND I WILL BE CHUFFED.
    My tones are usual just vibrate or a single bleep for a message, but when i'm in the mood my ringtone is the CTU tone from 24, and my message tone from the Simpsons, when Homer is a robot "Wohoo, I mean beep, beep"
    Mich wrote:
    My tones are usual just vibrate or a single bleep for a message, but when i'm in the mood my ringtone is the CTU tone from 24, and my message tone from the Simpsons, when Homer is a robot "Wohoo, I mean beep, beep"

Ha. See I like that. I want that now. *glares at the D500.... wills it to jump off the table and suddeny miracuslously have a decent message tone* It's the only thing I hate about my phone really. It's perfect for me. I still want a new one though, because I'm keeping the old one as a standby. :)

My boyfriends mum has the 24 thing... or I'd assume that's what your on about, as it's a beeping noise from 24. (Never watched it)
    And what would that sound like?

I just use a nice like ding a ling ding sound that my phone has...
    I have mine set to the Entertainer, one of the ones that Nokia preloads onto my model phone. :)
    I've got Stewie from family guy saying "who the hell do you think you are?",
    Some message alert tones I found on my phone... Enjoy :)

Edit: also , this and this.