Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Importing...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So hypatetically you find a shop that will ship magic mushrooms to the UK...

What are the iplications if customs find whats in the package? Is it a case of you just losing your money... or would you get the old bill on your door step?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fuck knows? Tell ya what, shrooms are readily availible if you have the right contacts! ;)
    I guess it would depends on the amount... large quantities they will probably take you as a dealer and well that's not good... small quantities you should be able to get out of it with a warning... A friend of mine got caught with some shrooms once, the cops didn't even know what it was, as it has been arrested twice before he had to go in front of the judge, but it was mainly to get a big warning...
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    You are in essence importing a Class A substance.

Depending in whether they decide it is for personal use or to supply, the penalty could vary - seven years max for posession, up to life for intent to supply. Its a big risk....

Specifically, according to Drugscope -
    Customs and Excise Management Act 1979

Together with the Misuses of Drugs Act, the Customs and Excise Act penalises unauthorised import or export of controlled drugs. The maximum penalties are the same as for other trafficking offences except that in a magistrates court fines can reach up to three times the value of the drugs seized.

Drugscope have some really useful pages on their website with the classifications and penalties clearly stated - drug laws and What are the penalties for possessing or supplying drugs?.
    Fuck that for a laugh then! Not that I was thinking about doing it of course! I was just curious! :angel:

Cheers for the info though!
    I had some shrooms in amsterdam but in no way did it croos my mind tot ake them home with me, however I did take a fair bit of weed
    Haven't munched any shrooms since they were made illegal...god damn I miss them
    For anyone that misses shrooms and is still waiting on a good contact, try the hawaiian baby woodrose seeds from everyonedoesit.com

not quite the same but they gave my a surprisingly good trip the first time i did them, an experience not unlike when i'm shrooming.
    Why import? For the price of a half you could afford a couple grow spaces, spawning/growing medium, and 2-3 good spore samples. In other words enough shrooms to last you and a couple friends a good month and a half.

And those seeds mentioned, I read about those a couple months back in High Times and they had a TWO DAY trip! They all threw-up everything they tried to eat, though, so take that into consideration. Still, that's pretty intense for a legal substance!!
    Don't forget, they grow in the wild in this country every autumn.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Don't forget, they grow in the wild in this country every autumn.

:yes: :naughty:

cant beat those 5am adventures to the hills fucked off your head :D
    If customs open a package containing drugs and there is a small enough quantity for them to assume that its for personal use only - for example, not a key of Northern Light or a case full of Special K, you'll get a letter saying something like;

"Your House is now on the watch list for the UK due to X being sent to your address - which we've confiscated"

If you get caught again then don't be surprised if the Police show up. If customs find a lot of drugs in one package then the police will investigate - as its doubtful someone would post drugs for customs to find just to get you in trouble.

Obviously the originating address poses a factor in whether or not they will check the said item of post, IE; odds on most Jiffy Bags bags from Amsterdam are checked, but they don't seem to bother checking them if you post them from the next town over ;)