Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what did you get in your gcses?

124»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A, B, C, D, D, E

gooo me :p
    5 Bs, 4 Cs and a D.
    an a five bs and 3 cs not to bad! shame i seem to have gotten dumber over the years rather than cleverer

edited to prove my own point as ive just noticed cleverer isnt a word
    Rachael wrote:
    A, B, C, D, D, E

gooo me :p
    Did you only do 6 GCSEs?:confused:
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Did you only do 6 GCSEs?:confused:

A couple of guys in my year were only allowed to do 6. Though they didn't turn up for lessons and did fuck all when they were actually there. Not that I'm saying it was the same with Rachael. :)

I got 7A*s and 2As, because i had no life. I still have no life but won't get good grades this year but ho hum.
    an a five bs and 3 cs not to bad! shame i seem to have gotten dumber over the years rather than cleverer

edited to prove my own point as ive just noticed cleverer isnt a word

eh? Doesn't it go- clever, cleverer, cleverest or clever, more clever, most clever?
    Clever, more clever, most clever.
    Base, comparative, superlative.

With some adjectives you can form the comparative and superlative by adding -er or -est suffixes, but with 'clever' you can't.
    5 A*'s, 4 A's

I had decent teachers, I always thought that was the most important thing at GCSE.

Your own ability becomes more important at A Level and at uni.
    1 A*(French)
    4 As (Drama, English Lit/Lang, Religious Studies)
    4 B (Double science, Maths, Geography)
    1 C (Art)
    1 D (Food tech)

Yes I did 11 GCSEs, had no choice, had to take Drama as an extra, stupid school.

And food tech SUCKS. Who cares about food factories, they should be teaching kids how to boil an egg and about basic hygeine.
    *attempts counting her GCSE's*... I did 12 maybe? Is that not a normal amount... I'll be mightily put out if it's not!

They always made out we had it easy! Admittedly, some people only took 10 or 11 but they were a minority... but looking on here, some people did only 9 or so... :grump:
    Addict wrote:
    I had decent teachers, I always thought that was the most important thing at GCSE.

Agreed
    nicx1811 wrote:
    *attempts counting her GCSE's*... I did 12 maybe? Is that not a normal amount... I'll be mightily put out if it's not!

They always made out we had it easy! Admittedly, some people only took 10 or 11 but they were a minority... but looking on here, some people did only 9 or so... :grump:

I went to a posh school and everyone did 10, apart from if they thought you were a bit slow and then you did 9. If you wanted to do drama you had to do it as an extra at lunchtimes and after school so it was 11.

What's the point of doing 12?

I would have preferred to have done fewer and had more time to work on them and learn things in depth.
    PussyKatty wrote:
    I would have preferred to have done fewer and had more time to work on them and learn things in depth.

And get better results? I would've preferred to have done fewer as well - did get kicked off music though...
    i did 11, i wish i could have done fewer so i could do better all round
    11 seems a bit much when its only 5 or 6 that matter
    I got C, C, B, B, A, A, A, A, A*