Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Boyfriends t-shirt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats the best way to stop my boyfriends t-shirt losing his smell? I know, icky. :p But I miss him and most of the time it's all I've got.

I suppose sleeping in it doesn't help. :rolleyes: Perhaps I should do a weekly swop with whichever he happens to be wearing that day?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bit of a weird topic, but er, maybe keeping it in a plastic bag so you can trap the smell?
    I wouldn't worry too much about it keeping its smell, or try and keep it artificially because then you really are getting into slightly weird territory.

Just sleep in it, use it as a comforter or whatever -- and feel comforted by the knowledge that it's been next to his skin and is now next to yours... I have to say I can't really understand why it's so important that it smells exactly like him. But if it is then maybe a schoosh of his usual aftershave, or get him to wear it during a particularly sweaty activity ;)
    briggi wrote:
    I wouldn't worry too much about it keeping its smell, or try and keep it artificially because then you really are getting into slightly weird territory.

Just sleep in it, use it as a comforter or whatever -- and feel comforted by the knowledge that it's been next to his skin and is now next to yours... I have to say I can't really understand why it's so important that it smells exactly like him. But if it is then maybe a schoosh of his usual aftershave, or get him to wear it during a particularly sweaty activity ;)

what, gardening?
    just get him to wear it for a few days and then dont wash it. The smell will stay.
    I did the same when i went to spain and took his tshirt with me.
    buy some of the smelly stuff he wears so you can spray it. :p
    I thought there was a bit of a difference between the natural smell, and the stale, BO, hasn't-been-washed smell.:confused:
    I thought there was a bit of a difference between the natural smell, and the stale, BO, hasn't-been-washed smell.:confused:

Nothings quite as sexy and yummy as opening a zipped up gym bag with sweaty socks and boxers from a week ago :heart::yum:

Find that from your boyfriend, the smell is guaranted to stay and spread to anything around it :thumb:
    I love boys' clothes!! i just love wearing their tshirts and stuff.
    my older sisters boyfriend used to change into a top that she had here everytime he came over, even if only for an hour, then when he went he sould change back into his other top and she would get to keep the big baggy one with his topped up smell to sleep in for another 3 - 4 nights with his smell still on it.