Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Speed (change of color)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got some speed around mid April... and I still got quite a lot of it, as I don't use it regularly.
When I first got it the color was white and light yellow, the last time I used some of it (snorted) it had change color and was very dark yellow, also the taste was very strong. The effect was the same... but I was wondering why the change of color.
I'm going to a big party on Sunday and want to be sure I can use it... :cool:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It could be bacteria breeding in it.
    now... that sounds scary...
    I guess... I should just through it away then!!!
    Its just an idea, I dont know its that, but think about it, it may well be cut with glucose (thats nice food for bugs), it has water from the air, and it has oxygen.

Whatever it is I wouldnt really recommend you use it, especially not snorting it where it goes into your blood stream, at least if you swallowed it the stomach would be a bit of a barrier.
    time for shopping then...
    anyhow... thanks for the quick replies!
    Nah don't throw it away, that's a waste.
    But I agree with bong, I wouldn't snort it...bomb it instead and it should be ok if the effects were the same and you didn't puke or anything.
    has it been wrapped in anything- same thing happened to me once cos I had it in a wrap for a while and it turned green!!! it was ok tho.
    Wait, call me a drugs novice because i am, but whats the difference in Speed? As in, snorting as opposed to pill form? I never heard of powered speed only pills.
    subject13 wrote:
    Wait, call me a drugs novice because i am, but whats the difference in Speed? As in, snorting as opposed to pill form? I never heard of powered speed only pills.

Yes you are very naive, pretty much all speed comes in powder form.
    Mez wrote:
    has it been wrapped in anything- same thing happened to me once cos I had it in a wrap for a while and it turned green!!! it was ok tho.

Yes, it was wrap in a small plastic bag. Also the temperature here is about 25-30oC... which I'm sure wasn't very good for it! Anyhow, at the moment I still have it and I'll decide what to do with it before the party.
    turlough wrote:

No fucking shit Sherlock! I cant help the only drugs in my life are Weed and Cocaine, can i? Only time i ever seen speed its been in pill form. All i was asking was, whats the difference in effects?
    Ive had speed thats changed colour. can happen if its left in bright light for too long in my experience.
    I dont know why.
    Up to you if you take it or not, I probably still would if I was still into that sort of thing.
    Could you not just bung it in the microwave for a bit? I imagine that wouldn't change it chemically, but would kill any microorganisms in it...?
    lol. cook your speed in the microwave.... *ping* your speed is served madam.
    katralla wrote:
    lol. cook your speed in the microwave.... *ping* your speed is served madam.
    Bit of side salad and a bread roll...sorted :thumb:

Sounds delicious! :lol:
    Its probably just absorbed some moisture from the air.
    also I heard if it sits in a wrap too long some of it gets absorbed into the paper, so I've heard of people eating the paper too- a bit yukky tho.
    subject13 wrote:
    No fucking shit Sherlock! I cant help the only drugs in my life are Weed and Cocaine, can i? Only time i ever seen speed its been in pill form. All i was asking was, whats the difference in effects?
    bud, chill out. Speed comes in liquid, powder, crystal, and pill forms. Think about it, powder is usually just crushed up pills.
    Snorting speed has a faster come on, and usually gives me a bit more of a rush at the beginning and more happiness.
    Pills set on much slower, but last longer.
    I'm sure you wouldn't have much of an appitite for bread and salad after the speed though.

I would guess it did as blangsta said, absorbed moisture just because when things get wet, they get darker colored.
    It's probabally because of the fillers. I know around here almost 100% of the speed (amphetamine), is cut with cornstarches because it's almost all crushed pills.
    turlough wrote:

It depends entirely where you are from and what speed it is. If he's in the US then a large chunk of the speed market is prescribed speed which would come in tablet form.