Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Specsavers - Dundee to Derby

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have moved to Derby from Dundee and my origional branch was in Dundee and so I wanted to switch my branch to Derby. Anyway when I went into the branch in Derby they said I had to cancel everything I had with Dundee i.e. direct debiits for my contact lenses and then come back to them and re set everything up again. Do I really have to do this? Its the same company why can't they just transfer everything over to Derby?

Comments

• Options
    Every branch is like a franchise, even though they go under the Specsavers name they are all seperate. It is true I wanted to change mine to the next town and they wouldnt.

TBH I would find another opticians anyway, Im getting proper fucked off with Specsavers
  • Options
    That's strange. I've always gone back n forth to different Specsavers during the years. I suppose, with direct debits and things it might be why they're being arsey.
  • Options
    you could get your eyes tested anywhere fo about £15 and then order what you need off any website
  • Options
    you can get your eyes tested anywhere
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    you can get your eyes tested anywhere

Yes it's the law - you can go to any optician just for the eye test and then demand the prescription - it's the law.

Then logon the net and order a pair of specs from £15 ... I got some for £25 off a website as spares and they're better then the £180 ones from spec savers I got last time.
  • Options
    I meant you can get your eyes tested for free.
  • Options
    No you can't.
  • Options
    Why can't you?
  • Options
    A standard eye test is £18.50. It's only free if you are covered by an NHS exemption card, or you are under 18 etc.