Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Finished my dissertation (in Russian)

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Go me. 3,000 words were completed this morning much to my delight (and no-one else's as I'm the first to finish).

Now all I have to do is get the fucking thing checked and then spend God-knows how many hours getting to grips with the hilariously complicated Russian keyboard.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    woo, go you! :yippe:
    That must be relieving I remember completing an English essay which became a total of 12,000 words. It's bordering on indescribable. :)

But an English essay is not even in the same league as a dissertation. Even if I won't do one for a very long time, just the thought of it makes me panic. Then I realise I'm on the computer, relaxing. :P
    I dont see how anyone would expect you to write 12,000 words considering you're only high school level

Ah, I wanted to express myself fully.

I never said anyone would expect me to write 12,000 words.

:rolleyes: :p

ETA: It was to write a novel, and I did write one. It was an adventure game book, meaning the reader gets to choose what will happen in the story. For example, I might depict Ron, encountering a gang of thieves. The reader then gets to choose whether Ron should fight them or jump off the cliff to his right. If he fights, he might die, but as he doesn't know what's down the cliff, he might die as well. We were supposed to write this story, with several alternatives in every chapter, and make a book in Flash 5, where the pages were supposed to turn. Buttons were supposed to be located at the end of every chapter, where the reader could click to choose what the character should do, or what would happen later.
    quarfly wrote:
    Ah, I wanted to express myself fully.

I never said anyone would expect me to write 12,000 words.

:rolleyes: :p

ETA: It was to write a novel, and I did write one. It was an adventure game book, meaning the reader gets to choose what will happen in the story. For example, I might depict Ron, encountering a gang of thieves. The reader then gets to choose whether Ron should fight them or jump off the cliff to his right. If he fights, he might die, but as he doesn't know what's down the cliff, he might die as well. We were supposed to write this story, with several alternatives in every chapter, and make a book in Flash 5, where the pages were supposed to turn. Buttons were supposed to be located at the end of every chapter, where the reader could click to choose what the character should do, or what would happen later.
    You can get an app to write adventure stories for an iPod, they're fun :yes:
    You can get an app to write adventure stories for an iPod, they're fun :yes:

Oh, I've got one, but it's broken. What would I lose sending mine in? I'm off googling for that site... but, do you know it?
    Good for you Thunderstuck, I'm nowhere near completing my project for my NVQ (despite sitting the bloody exams last week!)
    wooooooot go you!
    If you need some spell checking and what not I can help I speak and write fluently (and correctly). Russian is very tough and russian keyboard makes it even more fun. Типа, можешь считать себя крутым.
    Спасибо большое не сейчас не надо. Уже нашёл одну знакомую перечитать мой доклад, чтобы ошибок нет. Thanks all the same though!