Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

not paid my fees. what happens now?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
ive got no money. not even 10 quid i can pull out of a cashpoint. maxed overdraft, and £5.17 in my wallet.

i owe the uni £1175 for the years fees and ive just finished my third year, completing the course.

i know that i wont get my degree until i pay, that doesnt bother me. i had planned to miss the grad ceremony anyway.

if it takes me a few months to pay these fees, i should receive my degree and certificate then, right?

ive been getting by on £40 a week all year, its not as if ive been wasting money. its just that i didnt do a day of work last summer due to injury, paperwork delays, and laziness. i have applied for a Access Learning Fund, but theres still little chance i can pay them soon.

does anyone know if there will be any major problems with late payment?

thanks.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    There probably won't be a problem if you actually tell them the situation your in. If you dont tell them they'll probably just think you're trying to screw them over.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm surprised that you haven't already been contacted by the uni. Whilst we were waiting for the student fees place to sort out their act for Laura's course we got a load of threatening letters from the uni talking about being kicked off.

Anyway I'd phone the uni finance office, one thing you can be sure of is that sitting there doing nothing won't help.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mist wrote:
    Whilst we were waiting for the student fees place to sort out their act for Laura's course we got a load of threatening letters from the uni talking about being kicked off.
    ... charming... :crazyeyes

not graduating would be a major problem. and i should think you won't get your garduation cert. exactly at the time when you pay your fees. you'll be rolled oevr for the next years graduation. though i guess it depends on your university - talk to them about it.