Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what car?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have an 03 plate new style Ford Fiesta LX 1.25. Have had it for just over a year and I really want something faster already. Quite like the new shape Corsas (in black) or, again, the new shape Seat Ibiza.

In an ideal world, I'd have a VW Golf R32 or a Mercedes SLK.

(I just checked the insurance on a 1.8 Merc SLK 06 plate worth £30k - it was only £1400 for me, which I didn't think was all that bad considering I'm only 22 and have been driving less than 2 years! Just need to start saving now... :chin:)
    I was quoted £1831.26p to insure my Dad's Esprit when I was 17. Just passed, no NCB.

Just to clarify what isn't 'all that bad' ;).
    I'd rather have 'no' car than an ugly one. *shock horror*
    That's silly!
    I was quoted £1831.26p to insure my Dad's Esprit when I was 17. Just passed, no NCB.

Just to clarify what isn't 'all that bad' ;).

*goes off to check what an Esprit is*

Hmm.. not exactly pretty tho, is it? ;) :razz:
    *goes off to check what an Esprit is*

Hmm.. not exactly pretty tho, is it? ;) :razz:

Not pretty? I'd give your comment the smallest amount of respect, but you had to go and look them up. Your opinion is therefore completely worthless :p.

Seriously, look at one in the flesh. They are the most seductive shape ever. Ever, ever, ever. I gave serious thought to buying one, despite not fitting very well at all. They are just so, so pretty. :)

I mean come on, just look at it!

http://www.barryelysportscars.co.uk/images/S4S%20Side%20view.JPG
    http://www.barryelysportscars.co.uk/images/S4S%20Rear%201995.JPG
    http://www.barryelysportscars.co.uk/images/S4S%20front%201995.JPG
    http://www.barryelysportscars.co.uk/images/V8%20GT%20Interior.JPG
    Seriously, look at one in the flesh. They are the most seductive shape ever. Ever, ever, ever. I gave serious thought to buying one, despite not fitting very well at all. They are just so, so pretty. :)

I suppose "nice colour" is going to be seen as a girly comment!

Each to their own.. ;)
    :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
    Where the pedals in the interior pic of that car you posted Click?

Is a nice car thou. Just the missing pedals caught my mind :)
    Chrysler? I think they're cool :cool:
    your-babe wrote:
    Where the pedals in the interior pic of that car you posted Click?

Is a nice car thou. Just the missing pedals caught my mind :)

Proper people have proper length legs - the pedals will be at the rear of the footwell :p.

Rachie - Chrysler Coffin, or PT Cruiser as stupid people call it. :)

Look - I just found one with aftermarket bodykit. A massive improvement over standard.
    Chrysler? I think they're cool :cool:

BUT YOU WEAR GLASSES AND THEY OBVIOUSLY DON'T WORK PROPERLY!:p
    rachie004 wrote:
    speaking of ugly cars.. how about those cryslar (so not spelt right) things that look like herses?

and if someone can give me a dictionary... :p

Ew, don't like those. Or those Fiats that look like they crashed into something and the bonnet gathered up under the windscreen.
    I hate them Chryslers too. minging.

Oh and the squished front end Fiat, called a Multipla i think.

I really like that Esprit. Am i right in thinking its made by Lotus? Very MR2(mk2) looking, and i like them also.
    Aye, Lotus Esprit. Lovely, lovely cars. Wank, but gorgeous, fast, and huge fun :).
    Click, you are wrong. They are cool. I would like a blue one so I could drive around town wearing a top hat.
    What car you on about, KHSS?
    The Chrysler hearse.
    U
    R
    G
    H
    I've always liked the Chrysler PT Cruiser. Looks like a car from the olden days :heart:
    Not pretty? I'd give your comment the smallest amount of respect, but you had to go and look them up. Your opinion is therefore completely worthless :p.

I mean come on, just look at it!

http://www.barryelysportscars.co.uk/images/S4S%20Side%20view.JPG
    http://www.barryelysportscars.co.uk/images/S4S%20Rear%201995.JPG
    http://www.barryelysportscars.co.uk/images/S4S%20front%201995.JPG
    http://www.barryelysportscars.co.uk/images/V8%20GT%20Interior.JPG

That's the special edition one, they made a few to celebrate the end of production, isn't it.
    They were only offered to people by invite...

Is your dad an A-lister or something?
    The SE ones are ok, coz they are actually drivable and got a better engine...

The originals were crude and dangerous. And ugly.
    Your dad's not taking good care of that car, is he!!!
    migpilot wrote:
    One bit of advice, never ever divulge your license plate number on the net.
    :)

These 2 golfs are my babies right now...
    But i want the new Mk5 GTI (my specs) next or maybe the BEAST if i can find enough road....hehe

haha dont worry that isnt my car. just looked on a search engine and that one came up on a used car site!! exactly the same one as the one im getting though :yes: would never put my own car up with liscence

also, i really really like the new nissan micras!! before i finally got my kia a couple of years back (which - incidenatally i only got because it was orange - big mistake!!) i was going to get one of them! a crysler was also on the cards, but that was mostly down to my dad. i didnt particularly want one of them!!!

my dad has a yellow lotus elise atm and i personally hate it!! i mean, its nice to look at and all, but it is sooo noisy and uncomfy inside! its all metal which isnt very good. plus my dad drives like a mad man and im constantly thinking we're going to go into the nearest hedge.
    I've got a rav-4 at the moment but the saving efforts are going towards an MR2 Just missed out on one before i bought the rav, was gutted :(
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I've always liked the Chrysler PT Cruiser. Looks like a car from the olden days :heart:

I think it is quite nice too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BUICK-GRAND-NATIONAL-1987_W0QQitemZ4651607988QQcategoryZ18301QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I want that ^^

imo, they look like a herse! :p
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    imo, they look like a herse! :p

Why is that a BAD thing?

Hearses are fucknig cool. I saw a V8 Hot Rod hearse at a show. OMG. :heart:
    My mum has one of these in black.

My stepdad has one of these (I think).

My boyfriend has one of these (it's actually his mum's, but he drives it more).

My twin sister has one of these in weirdgreenyturquoise.

I want one of these for my first car.

If I had the money I would buy one of these in purple, although the boy doesn't like Audi's, so he said he'll buy me one of these in purple instead. Or one of these. I prefer the first one, but whatever :p.

The boy and the boy's family are really rather rich, it's not that I'm utterly spoilt, though. He offered, and who am I to argue :D.
    http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/V/vauxhall/tigra05-/tigra05-.htmlMy mum has one of these in the blue colour I wish she'd let me drive it :(
    I have to get rid of my car, my mum is fed up of it being on the drive doing sod all. :(
    Carolina wrote:
    I've got a rav-4 at the moment but the saving efforts are going towards an MR2 Just missed out on one before i bought the rav, was gutted :(
    My mum's got a Rav, and we adore it. We had a black one, but some fucker wrote it off in April, but we got a champagne coloured replacement Rav about 2 weeks later :D If I could afford the insurance, I'd have one myself. :thumb: