Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How Awful is this

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    film_buff wrote:

Fuck off, it's hardly common. Theres been two incidents from a couple of fucking arseholes, nothing more.

*Waits for "But OMGZ your Scottish and not supporting England ur a rasssist LOL"*

ETA: There was Scottish guy stabbed down in England the other week for having the cheek to be Scottish in an English pub watching the footy. Can't say I'm surprised though, fucking hooligans, the lot of ya.
    Just reading about it now in The Sun, wee English kid got started at by some arsehole in a park.

Sickening yes, but similar isolated incidents happen all over the country every day for millions of different reasons. It doesn't warrant any more or less condemnation because they happen to be wearing your favourite country's shirt :rolleyes:
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Just reading about it now in The Sun, wee English kid got started at by some arsehole in a park.

Sickening yes, but similar isolated incidents happen all over the country every day for millions of different reasons. It doesn't warrant any more or less condemnation because they happen to be wearing your favourite country's shirt :rolleyes:

Exactly. It's like it's fucking written into the Scottish DNA to sya "Guy in England shirt. Must. Twat him. In the face."

It's no different to going up and punching a person of a different race, doesn't mean every fucking person in the country is racist though.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    film_buff wrote:

What a stupid comment.

Not all Scots are like that. I would love to see England win the world cup (i just wouldn't like to hear about it for the rest of my life, mind).

It's only a minority who are like that, not even 1% I reckon. If you read further down the page, it is being treated as a racial attack. Many incidents occur across the globe by single individuals. You cannot tarnish one whole nation for the stupidity of 2 people.

Extremely narrow minded, moronic comment that I, being Scottish and all that, take offence at.
    There are always idiots!!

TO be fair though, one of my best mates is a Watford supporter and every time he comes to Ipswich, he has to take any watford insignia off when he leaves the car here otherwise the car would be done in. And this is just Ipswich...
    The "im not surprised" comment wasnt meant to come across as anti scottish. What i meant was that you always get some idiots starting on inoccent people
    Totally random aside, but I know of the disabled guy in Aberdeen who got attacked. Manages to deliver for the Shazaan Tandoori in Culter perfectly well, by the looks of he manages to eat them perfectly well too. Not saying it takes Geoff Capes to deliver your Lamb Bhuna, but you get the jist.

Not that it affects anything in any way, like.
    Exactly. It's like it's fucking written into the Scottish DNA to sya "Guy in England shirt. Must. Twat him. In the face."

It's no different to going up and punching a person of a different race, doesn't mean every fucking person in the country is racist though.

i find it amusing how the scots and the english, and even other news stories in the recent past refer to all three countries as a seperate race of people
    ETA: There was Scottish guy stabbed down in England the other week for having the cheek to be Scottish in an English pub watching the footy. Can't say I'm surprised though, fucking hooligans, the lot of ya.

Stuff like that is just pathetic. There's a 6th former at my school who is Scottish (not fully, I don't think) who will sometimes wear his Celtic shirt. No-one says anything about it, ever.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Bunch of cunts.
    Weekender Offender 
    Sofie wrote:
    Stuff like that is just pathetic. There's a 6th former at my school who is Scottish (not fully, I don't think) who will sometimes wear his Celtic shirt. No-one says anything about it, ever.

They should tell him to get to fuck. Tims should not be tolerated.
    They should tell him to get to fuck. Tims should not be tolerated.

That was just nasty. He has every right to wear it considering that he's Scottish/lived in Scotland at some point in his life before coming to Plymouth...
    Sofie wrote:
    That was just nasty. He has every right to wear it considering that he's Scottish/lived in Scotland at some point in his life before coming to Plymouth...

I thought it was pretty obvious I was taking the piss, but hey-ho...

Being a Jambo, I hate the Tims. Every chance to ridicule them, I grab with open arms.
    I was in Zante for Englands first world cup game, then a lad went up to my mate and said to him " your scottish int ya " in one of those really annoyin scummy english accent. n my mate said yes, n the guy went to smash a glass in his face, but got his hand up n it smashed to pieces accross his knuckle, spent the next day in hospital, fukin English Scummy Wankshaft!
    i watched england vs equador in a pub in edinburgh, all the scottish people were chearing england and celebrating when we scored.
    O_o wrote:
    i watched england vs equador in a pub in edinburgh, all the scottish people were chearing england and celebrating when we scored.

there's loadsa english cunts in edinburgh.