Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pills after a heavy night

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went clubbing last night with a group of mates and took about 7-8 pills over the course of the night.

Anyway, I went up my mates house today just to pop in, as you do, and he had a couple of pills left over. So we both double dropped..

Within half an hour he was up again and buzzing whereas nothing happened to me. I had a couple of little rushes but not a full on come-up and these were the same pills we had last night which I were fucked from.

I took them at about 4pm and 6 hours on (as its now 10:20pm) they probably aren't going to kick in. I just wondered if anyone knew why this happened?

My guess is that my seratonin levels are mostly gone, but my mate did more pills than me the previous night and still come up today.. so I'm unsure.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i never get a proper buzz the next morning/day (usually end up doing it anyway :yuck: )
    Yeh that happens quite a lot. Pretty sure it's got something to do with seritonin levels not being right.
    i dont find any point in doing pills the next day after u've done a few the nite before, it just doesnt mave much effect. waste of money/drugs
    I can normally do a few days running if I have plenty of 5HTP in the run up to, and between, sessions.
    Aye that's it....the comeup has come and gone...it just makes you feel more 'fucked' not an ecstacy good buzz.
    Still haven't tried the 5HTP thing yet, might have to prepare for my next outing. I also read somewhere that bananas increase seratonin levels too.. gonna have a google and see if I can muster up some helpful info.

I had a feeling it was spmething to do with seratonin levels.. I thought it through though and my mate doesn't take pills as regularly as me, so I guess his tolerance levels are weaker than mine.
    Yes, bananas contain lots of tryptophan, which is basically the same as 5-HTP (5-hydroxy tryptophan). Tryptophan is the molecule that gets turned into serotonin, so having more of it available in your body means your serotonin levels can be replenished quicker.
    Yup this happens to be most times, not always, but most times. It sucks cos the next day if you still have some pills you just can't stop yourself from taking them but it's a waste as you don't get the proper buzz. I agree with Shogun, it does make you feel fucked as you're still kinda fucked from the other pills but not a buzz fucked and each new pill you do while you're still on this heavy come down just adds to it and you end up feeling just really really really stoned (sort of) but without the munchies. However, I always end up doing them the next day anyway...
    Yes, bananas contain lots of tryptophan, which is basically the same as 5-HTP (5-hydroxy tryptophan). Tryptophan is the molecule that gets turned into serotonin, so having more of it available in your body means your serotonin levels can be replenished quicker.

Im interested in this 5htp stuff... have any short term or long term health hazards been reported? Why hasnt this stuff been used instead of the anti-depressants on the market today?
    Im just thining it may be too good to be true.
    XTC wrote:
    Yup this happens to be most times, not always, but most times. It sucks cos the next day if you still have some pills you just can't stop yourself from taking them but it's a waste as you don't get the proper buzz. I agree with Shogun, it does make you feel fucked as you're still kinda fucked from the other pills but not a buzz fucked and each new pill you do while you're still on this heavy come down just adds to it and you end up feeling just really really really stoned (sort of) but without the munchies. However, I always end up doing them the next day anyway...

That's it and then when you get to that stage smoke a load of joints. :eek2:
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    bluetow wrote:
    Im interested in this 5htp stuff... have any short term or long term health hazards been reported? Why hasnt this stuff been used instead of the anti-depressants on the market today?

As with any chemical that is naturally present in your brain, the balance is delicate and it works in co-operation with the other hormones etc. Its not a miracle cure, if you wanted to over simplify matters you could say it was an amino acid precursor to the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter - you need 5-HTP, amongst other things, for your brain to be able to produce serotonin. The difference it makes to the actual levels isn't that much, and other factors need to be considered in the treatment of depression - SSRI's block the neural pathways that take up serotonin, meaning there is more about in your brain, they don't make you produce more.

As for health hazards, high doses have been know to affect your liver, and as with any of this type of thing, you are potentially throwing a delicate system out of balance.

To understand how 5-HTP works in much more detail, it would be worth reading the Erowid Tryptophan Vault.
    Shogun wrote:
    That's it and then when you get to that stage smoke a load of joints. :eek2:

:crazyeyes :eek2:

Can be fun but headfuck none the less!
    bluetow wrote:
    Also beware of serotonin syndrome. That's where you have an overload of serotonin due to messing about too much with anything related to 5HT (serotonin), eg. MDMA, MAOIs, SSRIs, tryptophan, etc. Never exceed the recommended dose!
    It's wierd cos usually if I do more pills the next couple of days after a huge pill up session, no matter how many more pills I take I just get really fucked in this really stoned sort of way.
    This wasn't the case during the weekend though. I had a huge pill up session on friday night with these pink kangols and then on sunday night I had another huge pill up session but this time a combination of pink kangols, x-factors (the triangles with the X), and some double cherries. Oh my fucking god, I've hallucinated of pills before but never this much or this clearly. Fucking clear hallucinations of Bender from futurama, green pixies, police running around with no heads, a ballet dancer floating in the air, demon faces flying around the wood, a ghost of a cat, a cow that ran through me, a huge bright green laser fence that I walked through and a row of police officers with hand guns that made me put my hands up and shout "don't shoot" in the middle of a golf course. Haha way more vivid hallucinations that any other times doing pills, more like a shroom trip.
    XTC wrote:
    Fucking clear hallucinations of Bender from futurama, green pixies, police running around with no heads, a ballet dancer floating in the air, demon faces flying around the wood, a ghost of a cat, a cow that ran through me, a huge bright green laser fence that I walked through and a row of police officers with hand guns that made me put my hands up and shout "don't shoot" in the middle of a golf course. Haha way more vivid hallucinations that any other times doing pills, more like a shroom trip.

those are some strange hallucinations and they certainly dont sound like a shroom trip!
    I've heard rumours that the Kangol pills have acid in them but I just laughed it off as another one of those bullshit drug myths...which it probably is, but after that trip...
    doesnt sound anything like lsd hallucinations either
    Lol

Sounds like you are a proper bullshiter, xtc.