Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Spots

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Now ive never really had spots except for the occasional odd one or two. these pop up normally around my mouth or neck though and go within a few days, just lately though i seem to have been getting quite a few, ive had one on my forehead which ive never had before and one has just poped up at the top of my cheek which has also not happened before.
Why are these suddenly coming up in strange places and is there any way i can stop them spreading?

Comments

• Options
    How weird, I've had some pop up on my forehead too lately, and never really had them. And I got one on my knee the other day, of all places :\

I"ve found, for the pesky randomers that pop up that http://www.cleanandclear.com/products/acne_treat/invisible_blemish.shtml stick it on at night and they are gone in a couple days, depending on how bad they were.
  • Options
    I find I get them more when it's been hot because of the sweatting..specially on your forehead because you will sweat around there abit. Also the food you eat, I've cut down on eating junk crap (almost) and not had any spots in ages and I'm 18 so stereotypically I shouldn't see my face for spots.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Icey,

You might find some helpful information on TheSite's guide to spots

Alternatively - stopspots.org is a great resource with lots of information.

In my experience, the main thing to stop spots spreading is to avoid picking at them and just follow a basic skin routine. Sometimes it's best to avoid ointments which contain alcohol as these can aggravate spots rather than get rid of - but I guess it varies from person to person depending on how sensitive your skin is.

You can also improve your complexion by feeding your skin.

Take care ;)