Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Just sex relationships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are relationships that only involve sex good or bad for the emotions? Let me know what you think! I think they're good in the short term as the kind of sex I've had (happens to be gay sex) felt so great - but then what about when I want someone to talk to? Does that person care about me?<P class="body"> Ciao!

"Open your mind to change, but don't let go of your values"

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Only sex-relationships are only that - and great if you are horny, but by definition not rewarding.<P class="body">My ideal relationship is friendship with sex: you can talk as well as have sex (without the domestic hassle attached of marriage or living together)
    who's to say you can't have sex and be friends and not be in a relationship..?...tends to be a bit of a head fuck for me after a while but fantastic while it lasts...
    Many years ago, I had a sex only relationship. She was big, fat and busty and while it lasted it was on a higher plain than any previous relationships. And her parents sat in the room next door.
    I've been in a sex-only relationship, and while it seemed fun at the time, looking back now it's my worst mistake ever made. Whilst still in this so-called "relationship" I found someone else, which seemed to work out as he had too. Everything was alright for a while, but when his girlfriend dumped him he tried to convinve me to resume the "relationship" I had had with him. When I refused, he became very scary, he followed me around, called my boyfriend, messaged my friends, and generally tried to ruin my life. Thank god my relationship with my boyfriend was strong enough to withstand this, and we're still together. This story might be in a minority, but be warned - there are many psycho's out there.
    Scary people are all around us, and it does not have to be after a sex-only relationship. A few years back I had a fling with a great guy, and I did look at him as my "boyfriend". Then he ran off with another girl, and I was quite distressed for a while, because I thought that we had a good thing going (not necessarily growing old together, I think I am too young to think in those terms).
    Then I got on with my life and had a good time with my mates. Then his new love dumped him (in a nasty way, I have to say, but I could not fel sorry for him after what he did to me) and he tried to pick up where he left with me.
    When I told him I got well and truly over him, he got quite scary. Not as bad as the above experience, but enough to convince me there is a weirdo hiding in many people - and it will come out of some of them!
    I think sex only relationships are great if that's what you want, I've been around the block a fair few times myself and had a fab time. I reckon though that you either get bored or grow out of them and start looking for soemthing more. At the end of the day a shag is great for the here and now but if you're looking for someone to spend christmas with then it's time to move on.