Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Interviews

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
Anyone got any interview tips?

For some reason I don't come across very well in interviews. Well, I am always told "you answered really well but there was someone just slightly better than you."

So how can I be that person who is always better than me? Anyone got any advice?

Can you tell i'm currently jobhunting? :p

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm alright in interviews I reckon.

Dunno really, I just tend to wing it the best I can. I'm good at talking myself up and telling them what they want to hear. Stuff like "I needed fresh stimulation" and stuff like that does the trick for me.

Generally, just be yourself, don't start on about stuff that isn't relevant. Maybe try and expand on your answers as much as you can?
  • Options
    know the company you are applying to, and talk to them about it.
    - its quite impressive to an interviewer if you show a good knowledge and enthusiasm for working in their company.
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    its quite impressive to an interviewer if you show a good knowledge and enthusiasm for working in their company.

This is very important. Even a quick google search on the company or a poke about their website can be helpful. What do the company do? Is it all on one site? How much money do they make? History of the company? What attracted you to them?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Ego wrote:
    This is very important. Even a quick google search on the company or a poke about their website can be helpful. What do the company do? Is it all on one site? How much money do they make? History of the company? What attracted you to them?

Agreed :yes: did you watch the Apprentice? None of them had done their research and it looked really bad. In a normal situation none of them would have been employed.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    **Helen** wrote:
    Agreed :yes: did you watch the Apprentice? None of them had done their research and it looked really bad. In a normal situation none of them would have been employed.

Yeah, I saw that.

It's currently schools I am applying to and I think it is important to know what sort of children I will be teaching, what sort of parents I will be dealing with, their ofsted reports etc etc etc.

I just get really frustrated as I *know* my stuff and I *know* I would do well at their school, but I seem to struggle just trying to convey that appropriately. I generally get told "you answered really well and there was no real problem with your interview but ... " *This* is the worst sort of feedback ever!