Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shopping stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Oh my god. I have to share my epxerience. I was shopping trying to buy some pants. I failed in the end. Damn those fucking "skinny" jeans. :yuck: But anways, I also have no tops. So I was looking for them too. After going to the two stores I buy my pants from and finding nothing for top or bottem, and a few other stores I wandered by an H&M. I thought what the hell.

I walk in and actually find some shirts. Most, all shirts in all stores are hideous 80s crap and sleevelss tops. (vests?) and wifebeaters with glitter. Double gross. I like the vests, but I don't feel comfortable wearing them.

So anyways, I found tons of tops. Longer ones so no tummy shows, shirts with sleeves and fitted and absoutly perfect! And cheap as all hell. I bought 3 shirts and only spent $47 + tax. And they weren't even on sale!!

A store that actually had something I liked and at such a great price. I'm absoutly estatic. Granted 90% of the store was filled with ugly tacky stuff, but oh, I havn't been this excited in ages. I own no clothes and havn't been able to buy any for like a year due to the uglyness. My heart smiles.

But I still have no pants :( Maybe next year.

Um... to make this have a point... share your good shopping stories.

Comments

• Options
    Primark!!! Oh god I love that shop.

Went shopping in Telford yesterday, and called into Dorothy Perkins, to look for some shorts I'd seen in our Dorothy Perkins at home, but they didn't have my size. Sure enough, in Telford they didn't either, but they had the size up, which I probably would have fitted into.

I decided to wait and see if I had the money left over, rather than pay £12 for something I'm only planning on wearing around the pool on holiday and miss out on something I REALLY wanted.

Then I went into Primark, and THERE THEY WERE!! Virtually the same, but probably a bit comfier by the looks. £2!!! TWO POUND!!! And my size! Victory! So, to thank them, I bought 5 tops as well. £16 for all six things. God bless the shop.
  • Options
    Gah. I hate you (in a non- hate way). I must get to a primark. £2 for a pair of shorts! £2! £2! £2! arghhhhh. why oh why don't they build on just down the road from me?
  • Options
    i went shopping today for my birthday and it was heavenly.havent been shopping in ages.. and i found not one but TWO pairs of pants that fit me perfectly. which is usually impossible seeing as how I am so tall. (i need a 36' inseem!) and the best part.. i thought the pants were 3o bucks, and they rang up for 19!! yay :)

You must tell me where!
    And what style they were.
    Theres only two places with pants that actually fit and look good (I've got the same inseem, though I'm a few inches shorter than you, I'm all odd shaped :p) And those two places have been letting me down since last year :(
  • Options
    I bought a really beautiful dress for about $50 cheaper than it really was .. I was so happy when the saleswoman told me my total .. that has got to be one of the best feelings in the world :love: