Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What smell do girls like..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have always used boring deoderants such as rightguard but mostly lynx (africa). I am aware that alot of girls dont find lynx very attractive, so what do you all like.... ? Very interested to know

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As long as they don't smell of BO, then I'm happy.

But as for boys aftershave and stuff - Issey Miyake wins hands down.
    I like men to smell natural. No overpowering deordant or soap, preferably unscented for both of those and no aftershave or cologne.

Just fresh and clean.

Most people marinate in their cologne and perfume and I've grown to absoutly detest any fake smells.
    Clean and of soap.
    Lynx is cheap and nasty. :no:

My ex used to always use the stuff :yuck:

And yes, I agree with the above. I prefer my man to smell nice and clean.
    my ex always used to smell of washing powder from his mum washing a really thick river island jacket that just held it lol loved it till i got rid of him now i hate it
    I really like Lynx Africa :yes:

As long as you don't smell of BO then I doubt anyone will be complaining!
    I wear an aftershave called Sex Panther. It's illegal in nine countries. It contains real panther bits, so you know it's good. They've done studies you know - 60% of the time, it works every time. :thumb:
    I like them to smell of men. I don't mind a bit of a beer and sweat smell but it's nice when they smell of soap as KHSS said. I've got a thing for sandalwood, it's nice and clean but masculine-smelling.

I hate it when a bloke walks past I get a huge waft of his perfume... sorry, aftershave (or whatever they'd call it). Though if they're going to wear it then I do have a preference for Lanvin Arpege pour Homme, used sparingly. Not that I'm fussy or owt :p
    I wear an aftershave called Sex Panther. It's illegal in nine countries. It contains real panther bits, so you know it's good. They've done studies you know - 60% of the time, it works every time. :thumb:

:flirt: :flirt:
    MattMatt wrote:
    I have always used boring deoderants such as rightguard but mostly lynx (africa). I am aware that alot of girls dont find lynx very attractive, so what do you all like.... ? Very interested to know
    lynx is :yuck: and school boy stuff imo.
    brut is quite nice.

:thumb:

I use standard lynx. Though if I'm heading out I'll put a dash of Jean Paul Gaultier on.
    briggi wrote:
    I hate it when a bloke walks past I get a huge waft of his perfume... sorry, aftershave (or whatever they'd call it).
    Such a turn off. I hate not being able to breathe because of chemical choking!
    I just wear whatever anyone buys me at Christmas/birthdays so I don't really have much choice. I only ever wear aftershave when I'm going out though, so I've got about ten lined up in my room that I've collected over the years, with a tiny bit out of each. Don't often wear deodrant because I don't sweat that much really, but if I do I go for Adidas or Physio Sport (usually when I desperately need to go to the shop, but can't be bothered showering first).
    I love men smells. Specifically Armani Mania, Davidoff Cool Water and Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme.:yum::yum::yum: :flirt:

I hate Lynx and I hate beer, so neither of those smells do much for me at all - in fact, they're quite repulsive.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I use Lynx during work because it's better than any other stuff in the same price bracket. I still get plenty of good comments about my smell from girls though so it can't be bad.

Obviously before going out on the town I'll put something a little better on but I'm not going to bother using dear stuff for working hours when I have a physical job. Just bought a few nice smellys on the ferry coming back from france. :thumb:
    Weekender Offender 
    My bf uses a Gillette one - I think it's the blue one - which smells lurvely :yes:
    I love when my boyfriend wears axe with aqua di giorgio by Giorgio Armani or Black by Kenneth Cole ....yum
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Now I know what I should get :p

Lynx I use if I ain't doing nothing special - its cheap and it does the job tbh.
    I think the problem with aftershaves and Lynx and suchlike, is tht
    at men seem to drown themselves in it and you can even smell it just when they walk past you in the street. Its overpowering. Nothing smells good like that when someone is marinated in it. Girls do the same with their perfume often, and tbh, it can be offensive.
    as for Lynx, I always thought it was horrible, but NMM wears the africa one and just a little bit so i can smell it when up close, but thats it, and it smells gorgeous in small quantities like that. The other one he wears is vetivert and thats lovely too, but still in small quantities.
    Yeah, Lynx is OK in small doses. Those stupid adverts don't help, encouraging lads to constantly spray themselves in it to attract women. NEWSFLASH TO ALL HIGH SCHOOL LADS - IT DOESN'T WORK!

Personally though, when the boy has Joop on.....:flirt: :yes:
    Blairx0 wrote:
    I love when my boyfriend wears axe with aqua di giorgio by Giorgio Armani

i think my ex bf wore that one. and issey miyake. yummmmmm! :heart:
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Yeah, Lynx is OK in small doses. Those stupid adverts don't help, encouraging lads to constantly spray themselves in it to attract women. NEWSFLASH TO ALL HIGH SCHOOL LADS - IT DOESN'T WORK!

Personally though, when the boy has Joop on.....:flirt: :yes:

ive got joop. to me it smells like perfume, so ive never really worn it
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i adore davidoff cool waters and ultra violet or something or other...very nice

Lol, "it smells like turd covered in burnt hair!"

I personally like the smell of Axe body spray and Claiborne Sport for men ..
    I love men smells. Specifically Armani Mania, Davidoff Cool Water and Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme.:yum::yum::yum: :flirt:

I hate Lynx and I hate beer, so neither of those smells do much for me at all - in fact, they're quite repulsive.

I'll go far with you, I use lynx and work in a pub :lol: I wear some french aftershave called Chrome Azzaro which is really nice, it's just so fresh and no-one I know has ever heard of it so it's kinda unique to me.

I always wear aftershave and deodrant as I like to smell good and it makes me more confident for some reason, think I might buy myself some Boss in Motion this payday though as I like that or maybe go for one of the summer scents ... shall be having a look
    MattMatt wrote:
    What smell do girls like..

Money?
    Teagan wrote:
    Money?

Chocolat?
    i use rightguard anti-persperiant as it just smells clean and occasionally if im going out to meet some girl or somewhere i might put on a spray or two of red diesel or white. i prefer the white as the red one smells a lot like christmas and cinnemon.
    Robot_Alan wrote:
    I'll go far with you, I use lynx and work in a pub :lol: I wear some french aftershave called Chrome Azzaro which is really nice, it's just so fresh and no-one I know has ever heard of it so it's kinda unique to me.

I always wear aftershave and deodrant as I like to smell good and it makes me more confident for some reason, think I might buy myself some Boss in Motion this payday though as I like that or maybe go for one of the summer scents ... shall be having a look

I've heard of Chrome Azzaro...are you not put off by the silver fox on the front? Mmm, old man... :p

Anyway. Clean is always good. I it when people smell bad.
    i love it when my bf is all fresh and clean and is wearing a bit of adidas deoderant....not into aftershave or anything...i like his natural smell :heart: