Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Problem periods

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
If you've had problems with your peiods in the past, you may be able to help withy an article - details below:

I'm a journalist who's been commissioned by Company magazine to write a feature on problem periods.

I am looking for case histories of young women who would be prepared to talk about how hard it was to get their problem periods taken seriously and diagnosed, but who were revealed to be suffering from something like endometriosis, pcos, fibroids, over-dieting, early menopause, cysts, or perhaps problems for which there's still no explanation even after tests If you could put out a plea for anyone who is interested in taking part be very grateful.

It would involve a 20-30 min phone interview and they must be prepared to be identified in the magazine.

This may involve a photo shoot in London, although this has yet to be confirmed by the editor. If so, travel and expenses would of course be paid.
If the photo shoot doesn't take place, they would need to provide a good quality recent photo which could be used in the magazine.

I can be reached at: karenswayne@yahoo.com or tel 01273 775098

Thanks for your help
Karen

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i wish i had problem periods, i want to be in company. :grump:
    i wish i had problem periods, i want to be in company. :grump:
    :lol: Me tooooooo

I used to have really bad periods though :chin:
    i could make it up. :razz:
    i used to have really bad periods, but i don't think it was a condition as such
    my mum did when she was my age, she had a tilted womb and used to get labour pains every month
    Well I've definatly had problem periods... but I've not had a problem with not being taken seriously, thank god! :)
    ive only just seen this...so maybe im too late

i had to wait about 5 years before i was taken seriously and diagnosed with endometriosis, so i guess i could help with the article though the sound of the phone call does sound scary..