Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The best job you ever had

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So...a while ago we had a thread on your worst job ever...now, what is the BEST job you've ever had? Whether it was the most enjoyable, or the best paying, or whatever.

Mine would have to be a job i had with the uni, as a lab monitor for one of the university computer labs for a year and a half. It was awesome, and i mean *awesome*. I got paid very nicely for it, and because i maintained the machines very well, half the time nothing went wrong, meaning that i was free to use the computers for whatever i wanted, while getting paid for it! Was an awesome job...they had terriffic machines, too...it was the journalism/multimedia lab so they had pretty high end machines...not the usual Ipex shitboxes that they had in the normal labs. I miss that job...i want it back goddamnit. :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i wouldnt really call it a 'job' but a couple years back i worked at my dads' accountancy/lawyers firm over the summer :yes:

twas good because i was the bosses daughter so i got away with a lot of stuff (ie. not doing much work!) and i still got paid for doing it :)
    mostly, my duties involved walking the dog and being the office postman :D
    working in a reasonable large retail music store

pay = kickass
    bonus = kickass
    discount = kickass
    Mu current job in R&D... Pay is good when it pays and shit when it doesn't cos our R&D depends on investors, but it is still the best job ever and my boss is my best mate...
    Working as a criminal law paralegal, going to court and prisons every day and meeting loads of people.

And eating lots of lunch with barristers:p
    spent a whole summer working as a gardener, great pay, lots of old dears giving me free stuff, and getting to ride a lawn mower around on the roads and having a right laugh. loved it.

unfortunately there was no job for me when the bad weather came!

oh well, good memories.
    I love my job at the student union. Its really good. Its good pay, the hours are great and the people I work with are bloody fantastic! I also met le boy there :D
    where do you get all these bloody men from!

okay so the student union..
    Haha, yeah the student union.

I tend to end up going out with boys I work with. I don't know why :chin:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Greenkeeper in the summer.

The hours were long (start at 4:30 in the summer) but all I did was drive round on big fuck off machines cutting grass, takign a break when I wanted, smoking a joint when I wanted and loving the sunshine.

The winter was not so good however and the pay was shit.
    Weekender Offender 
    Mecca Bingo, deffo :yes:

Really good laugh too, left on Hogmanay and I was well crying.

It was like being a local celebrity, cause I used to do all the departments. I used to get hassled from old ladies all the time when I was in town on my day off.

Shit wages and hours, but some really good staff nights out :thumb:
    working at my local library i get fantastic pay double time on a sunday, Yeah! and all i have to do it be nice to all ye olde dears! piss easy! and they love me cos i've got long hair
    "oh does he look good" from patricia 76
    bless her, and she gets out the raunchy romantic books and they get quite steamy!
    plus you get to fine teachers who come in. yeah, payback!
    Probably this job because this is what I do.
    And people bring in donuts/bagels/lasagna/pizza/cake/muffins all the time. :yes:
    Bri-namite wrote:
    It was like being a local celebrity, cause I used to do all the departments. I used to get hassled from old ladies all the time when I was in town on my day off.

Hahaha, perks of the job, eh :D

My best job ever was waitressing, I don't think I'll ever work anywhere more chilled and with such great craic. Possibly why I'm about to go back... I just hope I can escape again after a while -- there are people there who graduated and just went back as "a stop gap"... three years ago.

I think it's the [nightly] staff nights out that keep people there, we'd be too fucked to do any other job in the morning... and we all feel each other's pain :thumb:
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Mecca Bingo, deffo :yes:

Really good laugh too, left on Hogmanay and I was well crying.

Shit wages and hours, but some really good staff nights out :thumb:

I used to call bingo in the local bingo club that was linked to a shitload of other clubs. was good fun, left because I was going with my ex of 3 years and had a thing for one of the girls and it got to the point where my heads was wrecked
    I spent summer 2004 watering flowers for the local council. It was excellent :). It was minimum wage, boring as hell sometimes, but everyone was friendly. plus I got to see all the college girls in their skimpy tops at lunchtime.

Started at 6am, was done by 2-3pm. If it was raining I'd sit in the cab with a motorbike magazine, some cake and a cup of coffee. Sorted :) :thumb:.