Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

USA funded IRA

Ive heard this before, but dont know much about it. Does anyone else? or does anyone have any links?
Its just someone mentioned it on another site, and as I said, id heard it before, but dont know for sure.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You might have more luck Googling "Sinn Fein funding", Sinn Fein and the IRA being essentially the same people.

American funding has been tackled by the US government in the post 9/11 crackdown on the sponsoring of terrorist groups, hence they've had to get funds through other means such as the Northern Bank armed raid (allegedly).

It's the usual thing of Irish nationalism amongst Plastic Paddys being exploited and milked for terrorist activity under the guise of political pressure groups.
  • Options
    Yes, they've been funded by the US through the NORAID group.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    hence they've had to get funds through other means such as the Northern Bank armed raid..

Hasn't been proved the IRA done that.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Hasn't been proved the IRA done that.
    OK.
  • Options
    Pointing out the obvious probably but some Irish Americans giving to the IRA/Sinn Fein doesn't translate into the US government funding the IRA.
  • Options
    Pointing out the obvious probably but some Irish Americans giving to the IRA/Sinn Fein doesn't translate into the US government funding the IRA.
    No one suggested that. Unless you have a conspiracy story to share...
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    No one suggested that. Unless you have a conspiracy story to share...

'USA funded IRA' could be interpreted as the US government itself funding the IRA...If some Brits funded al Qaeda it would sound a bit odd to say 'UK funds Al Qaeda.' Or at least I thought so *shrugs*
  • Options
    yeah I was asking for more information on it rather than making a statement.
    thankyou Turlough and kentish.