Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Constricted oesophagus

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently I'm finding I get this effect with MDMA more often. It becomes hard to swallow, and I get trapped wind as it can't come out properly. It's quite irritating! Does anyone else get this?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    when you say MDMA do you mean powder or pills, and what is your usual method of delivery (bombing, snorting etc.?)

First question is going to be do you have any problems with your breathing or is just with swallowing & digestive tract?
    MDMA as in pill form. Never had problems with breathing, no.
    What's in your pills? Didn't you get a kit? (or was that someone else) I used to get a similar effect on phet comedowns sometimes- maybe it's phet?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    That's quite a common effect of MDMA/pills, related to dry mouth, muscle tension and bruxism etc, rather than a direct side effect... More information about the side effects profile of MDMA can be found on Erowid here and here. It may help to sip a bit of water and try to focus on relaxing your jaw and shoulders.
    Thanks for the advice, I do usually sip plenty of water, so I guess it must be more to do with the gurning etc.

kat: yeah I've got the testing kit, and I've had this effect from both a few recent pills which had MDxx (probably MDMA) and also some others with speed in them. The ones with speed were about 10x worse for this effect though! I had to get my friend to burp me...!
    I had to get my friend to burp me...!
    :lol::lol: dont be expecting me to do that!