Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

eyebrows

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how can you make your eyebrows nice and neat like all the celebrities have them mine get out of control and it really annoys me when i have to pluck them all the time because it takes so long

Comments

• Options
    Have them professionally waxed every 3-4 weeks. Costs around £7 for an eyebrow waxing, and it lasts longer than plucking.:thumb:
  • Options
    will have to try that sometime

fanx
  • Options
    Or you can wax them yourself and get a years worth of waxing for the same price. Since you tweeze, you already would know the desired shape of your eyebrows and its dead easy.

But if you've never waxed before, do it on a day when you won't be doing much for the next few days. Different people react to wax differently. I know for about the first year I did mine I would be read for a day and then would proceed to break out for the next half a week. Never pretty, but it did eventually go away :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Or you can wax them yourself and get a years worth of waxing for the same price. Since you tweeze, you already would know the desired shape of your eyebrows and its dead easy.

But if you've never waxed before, do it on a day when you won't be doing much for the next few days. Different people react to wax differently. I know for about the first year I did mine I would be read for a day and then would proceed to break out for the next half a week. Never pretty, but it did eventually go away :p

I wouldnt trust myself with home waxing i would accidently rip them all off proberly lol
  • Options
    Eyebrow threading is really good and its around the same price of waxing.
  • Options
    I pay £3 to get mine shaped, which includes waxing and plucking. Look much better, not long back from getting them done actually so a bit red lol.
  • Options
    I get them waxed whenever I can, but tweeze them when needed.
    Haven't tried eyebrow threading yet .. but it sounds interesting the way they do it. I thought it had to do with tatoos or something :x
  • Options
    People always tell me I have lovely eyebrows, I pluck.
  • Options
    I LOVE plucking my eyebrows when I'm in the mood (i.e. not feeling too lazy, which I usually am). I get a right feeling of satisfaction when they're done. But then I am quite weird like that :thumb:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

:yes: Except I don't get red bits. But I do mine myself, once you get the hang of it its pretty easy.
  • Options
    my boyfriend plucks mine for me while I lie back with my eyes closed.
  • Options
    my boyfriend plucks mine for me while I lie back with my eyes closed.
    i do my boyfriends :p obviously i just neaten them up
    i get mine waxed when needed, i've started getting them tinted because theyre really pale so they're more defined
    then i pluck them when needed till they just get out of control again!
  • Options
    you can have them plucked/waxed professionally. and once you have the shape, you can pluck on your own. there are eyebrow stencils you can use, too.
  • Options
    help

i'm getting tired of plucking every week,, pls help me.. thanks!!
  • Options
    i'm getting tired of plucking every week,, pls help me.. thanks!!

Laser removal seems the only solution that will make you not removng them every week... Expensive tho... Also wax removal in salon will last longer too...
  • Options
    Mine last several weeks after waxing...