Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Trooping of the colour

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone watching on BBC 1?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it's funky.
    Seen it loads of times before. So not bothering today.
    I hope everybody was upstanding for the national anthem.
    Bri-namite wrote:

Didn't realise they played "500 miles" by The Proclaimers at the Trooping of the Colour ;)
    Didn't realise they played "500 miles" by The Proclaimers at the Trooping of the Colour ;)

:lol:
    my cousin did it before when he was in the army, i think he passed out from the heat though
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Seen it infinite times.

They should do something funky, like a big-arse Military parade like hte Soviets used to have with tanks and nukes n stuff.
    Bri-namite wrote:
    he says with a big brazilian flag above it!:confused:
    it crap! just a piece of out dated royalist bullshit, no one important enough to have to birthdays! what a waste of time money and effort!
    and the hats are made from bear fur! which is endangered!
    stop it! i dont want to see it
    J wrote:
    Yeah. Whatever happened to those military parades and tatoos we used to have. Does such a thing even exist these days?
    I know the Navy phased out the field gun run when I was there, I think I got to see it for the last time at HMS Drake.
    The police used to have a fun day in Essex too, it was like a show of technology plus there were other organisations there too such as the fire brigade and army. It was a good way for the public to take an interest in what the police were doing.

Aye... I went to an Army open day at a base with the school once. It was so good!

Shame, those prades and that, I can only watch videos now. I think only North Korea and China still do em, maybe Vietnam. I want to visit China the next time they have a parade! It'd be really awesome to stand in Tiananmen square and watch the Tanks roll by... and the nukes... and the Anti Air and all that lark.

Britain should do some. Get some national pride going again! Maybe even show off the Euro Fighter...