Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Guys, i really need some help big time!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey Guys,
:confused: Well, i really need some help or advice for this one.
It's my prom in 10 days, and i want a flatter tummy i knw i should of asked you lot ages ago but what can i do to do this?

PLEASE!!!! Give me as much help or advice as possible PLEASE !!!!

Love
:heart: *Sweet_Cheeks* :heart:

xxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• Options
    sit ups, dont drink fizzy pop or eat sugary foods until then (they can make you bloated), and drink lots of water.
  • Options
    I have to agree, WATER IS THE KEY TO WEIGHT LOSS/ APPEARING THINNER. but when I had to look about 10lbs thinner in a weak i stopped eating cooked food and went raw it did the trick very well. Though I never went back to eating meat again. But running is the best excerise to get rid of 'flab' if that is what your targeting
  • Options
    Heya thanks 4 tht wats sugary foods?
  • Options
  • Options
    Keep your salt intake as low as possible beforehand, that can cause bloating and I think you'd definitely notice a difference. Nothing extreme, just no processed food and the like.

Gentle exercise, too. Keep yourself active, eat small meals, make sure your posture is correct as that will probably make you look considerably slimmer.

But don't worry about it... you can't make any huge differences in ten days, and as long as your dress still fits I'm sure you'll look just fabulous, especially if you're worry-free. Have fun! :)
  • Options
    The advice has been good but do make sure you don't starve yourself.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Keep your salt intake as low as possible beforehand, that can cause bloating and I think you'd definitely notice a difference. Nothing extreme, just no processed food and the like.

Gentle exercise, too. Keep yourself active, eat small meals, make sure your posture is correct as that will probably make you look considerably slimmer.

But don't worry about it... you can't make any huge differences in ten days, and as long as your dress still fits I'm sure you'll look just fabulous, especially if you're worry-free. Have fun! :)

Agreed.

I'm sure you will look just great, plenty of water and a balanced diet will make you feel great. I suck my tummy in when I'm feeling fat on a night out, works wonders...until you drink so much that you don't care anymore...either way, a result! :thumb:
  • Options
    well sugar food would be anything with forsting or glaze. But there are alot of fattening foods you may not think of such as bread, most dairy (milk,butter,chesse, etc). Cut out snaking and if u must eat between meals make it fruit only. No need to strave yourself but u will have to change your diet and not cheat
  • Options
    Those bio yougurts (actimal etc) are supposed to give you a flatter tummy as well...and they are healthy :)
  • Options
    Heya thanks 4 tht wats sugary foods?

self explanatory i'd have thought.

food with sugar in.
  • Options
    take water balance tablets.they're sold in boots/superdrugs amongst vitamins and that sort of stuff, about £3.80. you take them after your meals and they make your stomach much flatter by the next day, I think by stopping you from retaining excess water. definately worth a try for a quick fix
  • Options
    The Special K diet thing could work, according to the advert I just saw for it.

Two bowls, two meals, two weeks or something... basically a bowl for brekkie, a bowl for lunch and a proper dinner (and presumably not chocolate bars and pop as a snack!) for two weeks.
  • Options
    Heya guys,
    Just a little up date on how its going well, i've been doin 200 tummy crushies a day, and im now feeling FAB!!! I've also cut down on snacking. :hyper:

And other little tips anyones got please pass them on to me!!

By the way was the name of that stuff that gets rid of extra water that u can get from boots, superdrugs ect ... ????
  • Options
    Heya guys,
    Just a little up date on how its going well, i've been doin 200 tummy crushies a day, and im now feeling FAB!!! I've also cut down on snacking. :hyper:

And other little tips anyones got please pass them on to me!!

By the way was the name of that stuff that gets rid of extra water that u can get from boots, superdrugs ect ... ????
    It's called Water Balance, in a little yellow and blue checked box,on same shelves as vitamins and supplements
  • Options
    In 10 days? haha no chance mate.:lol:
  • Options
    Try to avoid crash diets - they'll do your health no good, you'll probably end up putting on more weight after and it may affect your energy levels, meaning you won't enjoy the prom as much when it does come around. Sounds like you're being sensible, though. :thumb:
    I'm sure someone told me that Dandelion tea is good for reducing bloating - might be worth a try?
    Enjoy your prom!
  • Options
    spanner wrote:
    Try to avoid crash diets - they'll do your health no good, you'll probably end up putting on more weight after and it may affect your energy levels, meaning you won't enjoy the prom as much when it does come around. Sounds like you're being sensible, though. :thumb:
    I'm sure someone told me that Dandelion tea is good for reducing bloating - might be worth a try?
    Enjoy your prom!

Not sure why but that reminds me...i once read that marmite reduces bloating too.
  • Options
    Heya again guys,

Thanks for all the advice & ideas, Im feelin alot more confident now.
    And I'm lookin even more forward to my prom, which is this Friday cummin!
    Ive been eating alot more and im no longer snackin :yippe: !

If anyone has anymore advice that will be useful to me please tell me as i will be very greatful!

:heart: Love you Loads :heart:
    :D * Sweet_Cheeks *:D
  • Options
    Just remember that its only one night and that nobody except you really cares what you look like so just eat and act how you like because nothing you do will really make the slightest bit of difference in 10 days.