Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hungover anyone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am feeling very very rough today and just wondered if anyone felt the same?

Any good hangover cures floating about? Please don't suggest raw eggs or any fried food substance.

I blame someone suggesting i eat marmite at 4 o'clock this morning ;) and has nothing to do with the copious amount of alcohol i drank previous to that event.

Comments

• Options
    Not really, stayed in last night but had 10 bottles of beer and a bit of cider.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Not really, stayed in last night but had 10 bottles of beer and a bit of cider.

Oh my, i would be ill if id drank that to be honest. Then again...i cannot handle my drink :sour:
  • Options
    Yes, I feel really rough!
    Went to an indie club in Camden called Underworld... Was a good night...

Although I was wearing a really nice T-Shrit which now has snake bite staines over it! :rolleyes:

I can smell my next door neighbours BBQ... its making me hungry now!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Yes, I feel really rough!
    Went to an indie club in Camden called Underworld... Was a good night...

Although I was wearing a really nice T-Shrit which now has snake bite staines over it! :rolleyes:

I can smell my next door neighbours BBQ... its making me hungry now!

Put it in the washer, it'll come out no prob. I'm too ill to eat i think, although i did manage a piece of chicken before.

Edit: I dare you to see if you can nick a sausage off the bbq without them noticing!
  • Options
    Edit: I dare you to see if you can nick a sausage off the bbq without them noticing!

:lol:
    I dont think I would get away with it somehow... the bloke is standing over it cooking!
    I would have wear something green and army crawl my way across the garden... then stick my hand up and try and nab one quickly...

I think ill stick with the alternative of just cooking myself a bacon and egg sandwhich! :yum:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    I think ill stick with the alternative of just cooking myself a bacon and egg sandwhich! :yum:

:sour: :sour: :sour:
  • Options
    i was hungover til smoked myself to oblivion!
  • Options
    :sour: :sour: :sour:

Fried food always sorts a hang over out!!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:

:yes:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:

Nah! I am still feeling too sick for fried food. Don't have a headache though so thats a bonus.
  • Options
    I'm still feeling a little worse for wear but had a great night out last night. Apparently coke/pepsi is a good hangover cure.

My soup in a jar always makes me feel better - chicken soup yummyness :thumb:
  • Options
    Irn Bru is the perfect hangover cure. Mmmm.
  • Options
    Don't feel too bad.
    Woke up at 10 and felt a bit rough so I went back to sleep. Luckily when I woke up late I was fine.

I don't really suffer from hangovers, hoozar!
  • Options
    I've never ever had a hangover. I'm so cool :D.
  • Options

*am so jealous* I'm so used to having them it wouldn't feel like the weekend without one now
  • Options
    I am feeling very very rough today and just wondered if anyone felt the same?

Any good hangover cures floating about? Please don't suggest raw eggs or any fried food substance.

I blame someone suggesting i eat marmite at 4 o'clock this morning ;) and has nothing to do with the copious amount of alcohol i drank previous to that event.

Jeeez drunk again! :p
  • Options
    *am so jealous* I'm so used to having them it wouldn't feel like the weekend without one now

I've done my best to get one - it isn't that I can't/don't drink. All I get is the occasional dull-headache after a shedload of Guinness.

Guinness is the only drink that'll ever give me any side-effects the day after. And even then, I need loads of it :).

Proper lightweight these days though - I've not really drank much for the last 6 months or so. After a couple of pints I feel rather tipsy. :hyper:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

You suck. I hate you.

I rarely have one unless I get TOTALLY hammered these days though... I have mastered the art of getting drunk... have some water to drink... once I feel fine drink more booze... more water... more booze... until the night is over... so I wake up generally fine! Well, as fine as one can be after drinking heavily.
  • Options
    I get proper, proper pissed-up and wake up fresh as a daisy after 4 hours sleep. It's one of the limited-benefits of being the Clickmeister ;).
  • Options
    I get proper, proper pissed-up and wake up fresh as a daisy after 4 hours sleep. It's one of the limited-benefits of being the Clickmeister ;).

Goddamn you. Swap bodies? You'd better not have a tiny schlong. or AIDS or something I'll regret this swap.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Goddamn you. Swap bodies? You'd better not have a tiny schlong. or AIDS or something I'll regret this swap.

Schlong. *giggles*
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    Schlong. *giggles*

Me and some mates in Berlin told an Argentinian man that his Lighter was called a a Schlong in English. :lol: