Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Potentially pregnant

I know there's a million of these posts but me n my bf been tryin for a baby for about 2 months, my period is due at the end of the week but recently Ive been feelin abit sick, not actually been sick though. Also my nipples have been really really sore to the touch, don't usually get this even when I'm on. Also had a few pains in my stomach and lower back but was thinkin if I am pregnant it'd be too soon for them kinda symptons. What do you guys think? Will be doing a test when possible but I don't want the dissapointment!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try not to get your hopes up just yet. Although you could get one of those pregnancy tests that you can take a few days before your period is due.

Good luck :)
    dont get your hopes too high, as ive done that many times and ended up just being disappointed, cos a lot of period and pregnancy symptoms can be the same.
    It sounds promising though.
    There are some tests, such as first response, which you can use 4 days before your period is due, but obviously the earlier you use it, the less pregnancy hormone there is to give a positive result, even if you are pregnant, and at about £8 a go, theyre not cheap.
    If you dont mind waiting till your due date, then even pregnancy tests from poundland are effective.
    Let us know how it goes.
    Will be getting one of them first response tests, as i asid though the back pain..would it happen that quick? also last week i kept getin alot of saliva buildin up and i read somewhere that that's a symptom too. tho it's not too bad now, i guess u dont necessarily have a symptom all 9 months tho.
    I spent the early weeks of my pregnancy feeling sick but not actually being sick (that came later and lasted the entire pregnancy :p) and having lots of saliva in my mouth, so yeah it could be that or it may be a coincidence.
    Cool, will get a test tomorrow! thanks.
    it sounds to me like theyre all pregnancy symptoms tbh. Good luck. How exciting :D
    Yes, let us know! :D
    I had bad pains before i found out i was pregnant and i found out a few days before i was due on.
    took a test and turns out i'm not :( abit dissapointed but trying to be positive about it, give us abit longer to save some extra cash i guess. am due on today but haven't started yet.
    Try not to focus too much on being pregnant or on the symptoms - in both my pregnancies I had no symptoms at all apart from a missed period until I got nearer the end of the first trimester, and getting your hopes up too much will just lead you to an unbearable low if your result is negative.

In the meantime, start taking folic acid and multivitamin supplements for pregnancy, and maybe invest in an ovulation kit. Up to 6 months is normal to wait while trying for a baby, after the 6 months consult your Doctor. Make sure your man is wearing loose fitting boxers so his boys can swing free, and nae hot baths ;)
    Hiya
    Sorry to hear your test was negative. As Vonnie says, there are ways that you can maximise your chances. Take a look at this article for some tips.
    Good luck :thumb:
    if your period doesnt show up in a few days, take another test.
    Janjan wrote:
    took a test and turns out i'm not :( abit dissapointed but trying to be positive about it, give us abit longer to save some extra cash i guess. am due on today but haven't started yet.

Don't forget to take advantage and have lots of fun trying ;)

I hope it happens soon for you *crosses fingers*
    i'm still waitin to come on. will give it until about tuesday thought before doin the other test. as for ovulation kits i have one of those :). Also been thinkin about folic acid etc ever since seein somethin about it on the news and decreasin the chance of a baby with spinobifida (sorry if spelt that wrong). I hear it's in bread too though and i eat lots of bread so hopefully got that covered. Eat lots of green veg too and heard that has it in. :)
    Folic acid is always a good idea. The CDC recommends women who may become pregnant should be taking about 400mg a day, so it might be worth taking suppliments as it can take a lot of careful planning with your diet to ensure you're getting the right amount each day (plus it's much easier to take a tablet, then you're done :D )

Have you considered charting? It helps you to pin point the days you're most likely to get pregnant, mostly by temperature taking, and checking your cervical mucus. On the downside, it can make some people a little 'obsessive' about it, TTC is stressful enough as it is, but it could help.

Not forgetting, even if the dreaded period does show up, turn it into a positive by knowing that you can spend a bit more time getting healthier etc
    got the whole when to try and when ovulating thing sorted now, don't want it to be too planned and strict else it might take away the..special ness. As for vitamins etc, have found this:
    http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1031384&classificationid=1034593&slmRefer=000
    which may be the sort of thing to get i guess. only prob is i have trouble swallowin pills etc, can you crush these things up?
    Thats what i took. I hate taking pills but i managed ok.
    You should ideally take folic acid as soon as you start trying for a baby, but its important to start taking it now considering you still might be pregnant.
    They do tend to add folic acid to prepackaged sliced bread, and also to breakfast cereals, but its still highly recommended that you take a supplement for the first 4 months of pregnancy.
    What day was/is your period due?
    was due thursday. did one of them early tests before though, about tuesday and said negative. Will do the other maybe weds/thurs if i haven't started by then. No point going to the drs incase i am just really late.
    Those vitamin tablets are fine. You should be taking the folic acid now, as RB suggests though.
    if you were due thurs, then id do another test now tbh.
    Those early pregnancy tests arent ALWAYS accurate much earlier than your due date. Theyre about 50% accurate 4 days before due date, but the nearer you get to the due date, the more accurate they become, rising to about 99% accurate on the day your period would have been due, and the fact youre so late, plus have been actively trying to get pregnant, would suggest a strong possibility that you actually are pregnant. If you did a test now, being that its 4 days after your due date, the result will be almost definitely accurate so you will know for sure.
    hey, thought i'd let you know did the other test and still negative. not sure what to make of that, usually my period is on the 28th day at about the same time too. Not gonna go see a dr or nethin because it'll prolly just be a waste of their time, might aswell just wait now i guess...2 can't be wrong, can they?
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Just go to your doctor for your own peace of mind hun. I would doubt two would be wrong, but you sound like you need some reassurance, and i think you would get that from the doctor.
    good luck babes x
    Some peoples hormone levels aren't high enough at such an early stage. Personally i would go to the doctors for a blood test but thats because i personally couldn't wait.
    I started this morning :( Least I know now anyway. Will just have to keep trying! Going to purchase my vitamins today.. was told to make sure not to take vitamin A cus it can harm a baby?
    If you want to take a multi vitamin stick to the ones like pregnacare etc. Too much vit A can cause problems, like eating liver. So just avoid stuff with high amounts.
    Sorry to hear it didn't happen this time for you.
    I've never had liver and never will so that's out. Am gonna get these special vitamin packs for pregnant/trying women anyway. Have abit of trouble swallowing pills sometimes though so wonder if I can get any that I can chew..:rolleyes: But thanks for everyone's advice, much appreciated and I will call my first child Thesite.org/community.
    Sorry to hear you've come on Janjan.

Have fun with all the trying now ;)
    damn, its so gutting isnt it. Still its only been a couple of months hasnt it.
    Im on the two week wait now.
    damn, its so gutting isnt it. Still its only been a couple of months hasnt it.
    Im on the two week wait now.

*crossing fingers*