Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Year out In Industry/need some advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to take out a year of working before I do a foundation degree in commercial photography, and some of the vacancies have design based jobs (mainly website design) BUT you have to pay £25 to apply.

Has any one else done anything like this?

However I want to find a job that is more design based like use of Photoshop I have nearly finished my art foundation course and I need to find a job that will improve my skills before I re-apply to uni

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not sure but I'd be suspicious at having to pay to apply for a job. Find out as much as possible as to what you're getting for your money and if anyone else has had a similar thing before you think about parting with your money..
    Who are you paying the 25 quid to?
    "The scheme costs £25, which is non-refundable. This includes all recruitment issues and on-going training throughout your placement and you can pay online or post a cheque made payable to ‘The Engineering Development Trust’ to your regional office."
    http://www.yini.org.uk/