Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Got me some Acid...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
..And not sure what to do with it! I'm a bit wary of the drug although very curious, any advice I should heed to try and ensure a pleasant and safe trip?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    With acid always be careful, if you never had any before I suggest you take just a quarter (assuming you have it on a square paper) and don't take more until you start feeling the effect as it can take some time to come up...

As for the safe trip it will depends on how high you get and how your mind is feeling, if taking a lot of acid and being in a bad mood or a bit depress bad trip can come easily...

Acid are really tricky, I know a guy who tried acid once, half one, and well bad tripped, since then he has been spending at least 6 months per year in a psychatric hospital... He bad tripped and it fucked him up for life...

Also it doesn't happend that often, but I think by eating it by quarter you should be quite safe...
    Acid are really tricky, I know a guy who tried acid once, half one, and well bad tripped, since then he has been spending at least 6 months per year in a psychatric hospital... He bad tripped and it fucked him up for life...

That sort of reaction is very largely to do with the person in question, one mild drug experience will not turn you mad by itself.

As for taking acid, set and setting are very important, make sure you are in a good relaxed mood and that you are with people you know well and trust in a nice place.
    bongbudda wrote:
    That sort of reaction is very largely to do with the person in question, one mild drug experience will not turn you mad by itself.

Yep for sure, was stating an extreme case here, it doesn't happend that often, but the guy was really stable, or at least look like it, before it went and bad trip...
    Being with people you know well & trust definitely helps, I did my first one on saturday with 2 close mates and I didn't feel uneasy or paranoid once.

We had a bit of a walkabout in the street at night and still felt fine, although walking back to my mates to crash at 5am felt a bit dodgy.. thought I could hear people following us but I kept telling myself it was the drug and controlled it.

My advice would be to just do half with a mate or two at an empty house.
    My friend tried it for the first time 2 weeks ago. since then, he's done it atleast 4 times, and all of the times hes had good trips, (mainly because he's been with the right people in the right place as ASPIRE said above.

Dont get too addicted to it, ive never done it myself, and dont intent on doing it either, but its meant to be a drug u should do once or twice a year. dont abuse it.

Isn't it quite hard to get hold of? I heard science teachers make it mainly. or people with a good knowledge of science.
    brad18 wrote:
    Isn't it quite hard to get hold of? I heard science teachers make it mainly. or people with a good knowledge of science.

Its easily the hardest common drug on the market to produce, you need PHD level knowledge of organic chemistry to even try.
    I'd love to come accross someone who makes LSD, one of the drugs that is virtually next to impossible to get hold of where I live
    Be careful with acid.

Its not a drug like pills or coke or speed etc.

you simply cannot predict the buzz you're gonna get, so go slow, and take little at the start. Doing too much too soon can literally screw you up for life.

I know a lad that thought he was 'Mr Drugs' when we were younger - you know the type, thought he knew it all, always double dropped pills when others were doing half etc

He did a load of buddhas' one night, and he's never been the same since, paranoid is not the word, he wont come out of his house unless absolutely necessary.

You have to weigh up whether it is worth doing mate, it can be a great drug if treated with respect. But equally, if you get ballsy with it, it can ruin your life. It may be worth thinking hard about whether its truly worth it for one night of fun, know what i mean?
    bongbudda wrote:
    Its easily the hardest common drug on the market to produce, you need PHD level knowledge of organic chemistry to even try.

There is a method to do LSD from foster beer on the web, don't know if it is real or not tho... I have also heard stories of people making home made acid from house cleaning product... Never seen anyone or try any of those say "home made" thing tho...
    LSD cannot be made from fosters beer...

I've taken acid many times, it's my favorite psychedelic. And no, I'm not a "Mr.Drugs". I ONLY use psychedelic drugs, IMO other chemicals are just a dope mechanism. I think if you have one tab you should take the whole thing, something like a quarter of a hit isn't even going to set you off from baseline. Don't be afraid of "losing control" because if you blow that fear up in your head, you will have kind of a nervous trip. Acid dosages these days are adjusted so that 1 tab will get you high without producing too many visuals. There is approx. 60-120ugs of LSD in one tab. It takes about 150-250ugs for most people to start being overpowered by the psychedelic element. Just take one tab and stay relaxed and in a cool enviornment.

And what's with all these stories of people going crazy from using acid? I mean, yeah.. it has fucked with people, but you have to dig really hard to find the very few traumatic experiences that exist. Most of the fear comes from late 60s / early 70s propoganda. The drugs I've seen wreak havoc on the mind the most are methamphetimine, cocaine , and mdma overdoses, but ofcourse that'll never compare with the evil LSD :rolleyes:
    One of my mates went to hospital through acid, but he was really caning them at the time. I daresay the odd tab should be "ok".

It does change you though, in my opinion. I easily consider it the most "risky" of everything I ever took.
    Don't be afraid of "losing control" because if you blow that fear up in your head, you will have kind of a nervous trip.
    That's true. If you go into the trip worrying about the dosage, you're more likely to have a bad, or less good, experience. Any niggling doubts get multiplied when you're tripping.
    Eat it and forget you ever ate it and just wait for it, if it's good you'll be brought to some places alot of people will never reach. (non-drug users)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    My mates and I have taken plenty of acid in the past and suffered no ill effects. I've had some strange experiences but nothing unpleasant.

Fuck cutting up tabs or dots, Just neck them whole.
    Weekender Offender